Antweights
With BotFest 3 in September, I've got a bit of work to do in getting the Ants I have ready to go. Typically, with the Ants I have for BotFest, I loan these out to a different driver because I feel that me competing in my own event is a bit contentious plus, I am normally running the main bulk of the show on my own so I need to run the administrative stuff as well. However, since BotFest 2, my Ants haven't seen any action in an arena.

Amai is running fine. It needs the shell welding/gluing back together in places but otherwise is pretty much ready to do. I did have to swap the battery out with a different one as I'll explain later. I finally picked up a DSM2 controller so Ramu will finally see some action in an arena now! I'll need to order a new LiPo for it as well but it will run again. The famous Skittles robot Osu has been retired from combat but I'll still use it in games and such. I need to check the LiFe battery in it but I suspect it is fine.

Ikari, on the other hand, was dead by the end of BotFest 2 and it went into that event very ill with a faulty motor and/or speed controller so it needed rebuilding. After salvaging some wood for a frame from the BotFest arena, picking up a NanoTwo LT and some new motors, Ikari 3.0 is born. It still needs painting and a bit more reinforcement but it is all there, ready to go. Because of the space conditions, I had to use the battery from Amai but in reality, this is not a big deal. It is quite quick and features a lifting arm mounted to the bottom of the robot to jack it up to act as a lifter (kind of like how Shu! worked).

Apologies for the rubbish photo, the lighting in my office is not great at night.

20190713_003537.jpg

Next thing to do is get a new arena floor cut, painted and effects added.