After running Mecha Sombra at a few events, I'm really pleased I've managed to settle into the robot combat crowd. But I have a feeling that I now want to try something new. As much as I love my current bot, I want to do something more complex, not just as a challenge for myself but as a treat for audiences too.
I decided I wanted to make something which would be both entertaining to watch and unique, that needn't necessarily be hugely damaging. So after weeks of brainstorming, sketching and scouring the net for available components, I've decided to make a type of machine hardly ever seen nowadays; A walkerbot.

What I have in mind is something of a lightweight cross between Anarchy and Killertron. A well protected chain-driven leg system to drive it, and a counterweighted 180 degree motor-driven axe for a weapon.
I'm not necessarily worried about having a destructive or fast machine, just one that can hold it's own in non-spinner events (which are the only ones I attend at this point) without being utterly destroyed. All more fun for people watching!