Register To Comment
Page 75 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

PHANTASMIC SLAMMER

The furrowed brow remains - "I ain't seen nothing like that, aint 'is style"

He gestures towards his armoured chest with a nod and upon looking closer you see that the thick titanium plates are heavily pocked with fist marks.

"The loser doesn't even like to use his beams against of us guys - I've had em hit me a few times, but they'd blow most normal beings apart no trouble."

He pauses

"But.... I think I did see some kind of that Dark Energy stuff once.... but thing is.... it was when he was dead one time. Was doing a standard smash and grab on the gold reserve during some big announcement there, and some sort of black tendrils took me out before I could see who did it. Went straight through my armour as if it wasn't there and I woke up in the morgue a few days later after my systems repaired themselves"

Quote Originally Posted by ALEX
    1) Only the exact books taken were disturbed.
    2) The security magic mirror shows the translucent shadow of a humanoid figure in the corner of one frame, but otherwise this figure was able to somehow dodge through the tightly packed shelves without crossing any of the mirrors.
    3) The magic level in the room is higher than normal
    4) The air moisture level is above normal.
    Aurelia turns on her communicator, so that George and Anjushree can hear her sum up the situation, and then she asks them, as well as the rest of the Spanish Inquisition...

"What do you make of this folks?"

AURELIA

Most of the team look like it doesn't mean much to them, but Goldrod Goldmark Goldenloins the Dwarf looks a bit awkward...

"Errr.... this does look a bit familiar... back in my youth, I did a bit of work for the YAKuza... purely legal stuff for Gold you understand"

He shifts uncomfortably

"Several of those Yaks got assassinated and it was quite like this... turns out it was a Water Nymph assassin. Hid in puddles and raindrops and stuff, got onto the target who then look her home, before she emerged from the water and killed them, then escaped down the sink or something. Nasty business... (and meant I didn't get much gold for a while) but yeah.... unsavoury water types tend to hang out in a bar under the river called the Pickled Pike, might be worth shaking them down there about it"

"Errrr it was a big event... that Felix Fairlynasty guy was there... he was opening some new facilities.... all the press were there and some security types I think, though I soon got rid of them heh." He grins evilly.

"By the time I got hit out, I think just Felix, one of his guards and a couple of people trapped inside by the rubble"

Twitch, hoping that Sally wasn't in too much of a rush, briefly explained their situation: The rift sources, the countdown, and the group of adventurers tasked with saving all of existence. Fanciful as the story might have been, the parrot continued unabated, explaining that they had picked up a rift signature on Titanicman and asking the journalist if there was anything she knew about Titanicman that might be related to the rift sources, if he had come into contact with one in the past few weeks, or if there was anything else she might be able to do to help the group.

He also placed the yes/no card into his magic bag of holding during his explanation.

TWITCH

Sally gives Twitch an appraising look for a few moments and then says "I strongly doubt Titanicman would have anything to do with such a thing, and I've certainly never seen him with any powers that match that description, and I make sure to cover practically every thing he does in this city! But... now I remember that when I was trapped in a vault with Felix Fairlynasty a while back after Mecha-titanicman attacked! He used some kind of black energy to take down that cyborg!"

AURELIA

Aurelia and the Spanish Inquisition head down to the docks above the Pickled Pike and manage to persuade a local after being given underwater breathing apparatus. Upon entering the bar (which turns out to be a Dive in more than one way) the Trout who is the bar-tender gestured in the direction of a slender translucent blue woman eyes them cautiously in the corner suddenly forms some claws out of water and looks defensive.

"I don't know nothing about no books!"

EUDIAL

After managing to talk down the Moonfox, Eudial makes various discoveries - most notably that Titanicman is most definitely NOT the source of the rift is something often near to him. The power levels of this source dropped significantly when the rift crisis started, but after Doomforall finally died a few days ago the levels rocketed. However, Fleems has never seen any sign of the power actually being used at all.

VENGEANCE, EPSILON, MARISSA, PLAYZOOKI and Anjushree

Still aboard the Castle, there is a strange sensation - hundreds of miniature pulses of energy wash over the giant floating rock, emanating from the top. Then there is a subtle echo of bees and insects and trickling water. Upon investigating the source of this noise, they find it to have emanated from the Tree over Doomforall's corpse. The trunk is now swolen and thick like a baobab tree, and strange knots forming looks have formed in the branches, through which various bees, butterflies and other pollinating animals have flown to harvest nectar of the flowers. A few seem to connect to underwater somewhere, and trickling streams drip from them.

At a glance, it seems like these tiny portals are connecting to other worlds, and at least one figure is visible through all of them, though without looking closer at them, it's impossible to tell anything more.

"AHA! A double negative! Can you explain that?!"

Register To Comment