Register To Comment
Page 80 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

"I got my dagger back! Now tell me everything I need to know about your theft and Vengance's role in it, water woman!"

AURELIA

The dagger doesn't detect any lies as the watery woman explains everything that happened:

- The Water womans name is Kelpsie, and she is a Water Nymph
    - Her family is poor and she'd supplemented her income by doing the ocassasional bit of theft for hire.
    - Recently she was approached by several PTT employees (a floating Goat Skull that called itself Hyborean and a speckled blue alien called Thriloth) who said they had a high paid job for her.
    - They took her to PTT headquarters where she met a man who looked almost exactly like Vengeance (although she concedes that that one was possibly a bit older than the one you know). He had the ability to use some kind of black energy she didn't recognise.
    - She was commissioned to steal the three books, and was paid enough to set her up for life, but was warned that if she spoke of it ever, she and her mother would be murdered.

After a few minutes, Twitch returned to the group, flying a little more level but still not entirely balanced, and without the crystal ball he had flown off with. The parrot had stowed it in another of the castle's myriad rooms, this one containing a dozen unpainted aluminium shelving units which held at least a thousand copies of the Oxford English Dictionary. Why anyone needed at least a thousand copies of the Oxford English Dictionary, Twitch had absolutely no idea.

Landing alongside his bag of holding, the macaw gave his wings a shake momentarily. "Right, getting rid of the rift..." he said, hovering opposite Sally and looking like he was trying to remember something. "Getting rid of the rift, they said we have tooooo..." the parrot mumbled to himself. "...we have to..." he began quite slowly, "...either use some sort of ritual to get rid of the rift, trap them outside the multiverse, or kill them......also, does anyone know where Melded is?"

Twitch glanced unsurely between the members of the group, before hovering down to the ground and making himself look small again.

Quote Originally Posted by alex_holt View Post
    Looking justifiably concerned, Sally asks "What was that about? Now we are here, do you think you can remove the rift from me?"
    The Witch let out an audible sigh. Great... please don't tell me I have to do this right now... "Yeah alright, give me a second," muttered Eudial. She was sure at least one of the others had looked at her in some confusion. "You can stop giving me patronizing glances, you know," Eudial retorted blindly. "After that moonfox or whatever decided to not snack on me, I was thinking: Even if the rift wasn't coming from that Titanicman guy, how do we know it wasn't that Mecha clone of his, or something more sinister? We'd need some sort of weird-ass spell to conjure it from... like, whatever it was. Because it's not like anybody can just remove rift sources from people, especially considering people are too afraid to even get near them. Sooooo... I went back to town for a bit. Oh yeah, I spotted Khloe in the church again, but she didn't really say anything," Eudial added conversationally. "so, that weapon store... I found a bookstore a few blocks from that and picked up... this."

With that, Eudial hauled a somewhat large book out and flipped open a few pages. "This wasn't easy to find. But apparently there's some sort of charm in here that can draw out - ah!" Eudial spotted it. "Alright here it is. Hold on..."

She noted the reporter's further trepidation. Ungh... cowardice. I hate dealing with this. Viluy is better in these situations than I am... "Hold still, this'll only take a moment..." muttered Eudial. I hope.

She pressed her index finger to the reporter's forehead and muttered a few words. And...

All of a sudden, the book in her arm pretty much EXPLODED. Eudial shrieked as she went flying across the room and landed heavily on the floor. "Aaaaagh...!" What the hell was that?! She could feel her arm had nearly been blown off... the only assumption she was able to make was that her own powers had prevented further harm to her.

She managed to stagger up. "Wha... wh-what happened... why did that..." she stumbled over words wildly. Then she realized. "Hey, what happened to Sally?!"
    Last edited by kodster; 12th June 2014 at 23:19. Reason: Higher powers above :P

OOC: Melded is the City everything has been going on in :P

EUDIAL

Thrown across the room by the blast, Sally gets up and looks around confusedly before focusing her attention on Eudial.

"You did it! I've no idea how you did it, but I'm free of it finally! Thankyou so much!"

Anjushree has wandered into the room just as this was happening and watched the proceedings coldly and intently before walking changing original direction and heading to the library.

Quote Originally Posted by alex_holt View Post
    EUDIAL

Thrown across the room by the blast, Sally gets up and looks around confusedly before focusing her attention on Eudial.

"You did it! I've no idea how you did it, but I'm free of it finally! Thank you so much!"
    Eudial blinked. "It... worked? Uhm..." She wasn't really expecting that to work, and especially not after the exploding text had nearly torn her arm off. She also wasn't expecting loads of gratitude either. After all, she never got anything of that sort before. She was a villain, after all... or was even that now starting to wear thin?

She began to stammer. "U-u-uhh... y-you're uh, you're welcome? W-whatever." Eudial looked at the others, a bit pleadingly. Help?!

Marisa looked a bit wide-eyed at all the events that had happened in front of her, though since nobody had died yet, she took it as a smallish victory on the group's behalf.

Quote Originally Posted by kodster View Post
    She began to stammer. "U-u-uhh... y-you're uh, you're welcome? W-whatever." Eudial looked at the others, a bit pleadingly. Help?!
    "Y-yea! Good job!" Marisa cheered, also suprised it had worked. "Glad one of us was able to find the solution to your problem, so quickly too, ze!" She had personally been expecting to have to do research or something but whatever!

"If you like, we can always send you back to wherever you like around here, I think, though right now I'm more interested in making sure my witchy companion here hasn't torn something, and with the poor bird too... ah, well, if you do go, make sure you let us know if you spot something else going on involving that rifty stuff!" Marisa tugged the side of her hat a bit, hoping that she was actually being somewhat helpful or something, while making a mental note to ask Eudial where the heck she got that book from.

"Right, I'll just be a minute or two...maybe." Twitch tells the group, before grabbing a hold of his bag and flying out of the room for some reason. Presumably some sort of side quest, maybe involving a magical statue of some kind.

PREVIOUSLY ON THE LAST ODDESTSEY

- After Doomforall's death, the Gryphon Anjushree said that before she had gone up there to co-ordinate the shield, she had detected 3 other rift sources, but the identity of them remained unknown...
    - The first was identified as The Death of VHS, who the team managed to dispatch.
    - After a lead suggesting that the next rift wielder was the immensely powerful Titanicman, the team followed the leads to learn the truth.
    - The actual wielder was Sally Streater, a reporter who followed many of Titanicmans exploits who has showing residual rift from Doomforall, having some connection to him. Eudial freed her from this using a mysterious spellbook, leaving but a single rift wielder remaining.
    - Meanwhile, Leland Gaunt and Cleo were following leads to infiltrate PTT Industries, and had connections to try and get inside.
    - Aurelia was looking for books stolen from the library on the subject of the rift, and after cornering the thief, found out that the head of PTT and potential final rift weilder was none other than some sort of duplicate of Professor Vengeance.

AND NOW, ON THE LAST ODDESTSEY....

Register To Comment