Register To Comment
Page 51 of 95 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: The Last Oddetsey

CLEO

The Hedgehog wheezes as it exhales some cigar smoke
    "I am a senior Beaurocratocmancer here... As for Dr Seben? Never met the man personally, but he was a pain for our organization - the Psy-corps have long been trying to steal our secrets, and Seben himself was often the instigator of these crusades. They see themselves as havign the right to everyone elses knowledge - it took us a long time to develop the shield that protects the contents of this building from copyright infusion."

Your search for angelic armour found the following result:

Armour of the Word of Gods An elaborate set of armour fashioned from Angelic scriptures and containing some the essence of the Divine itself. While it provides no protection from physical attacks whatsoever, the wearer is utterly immune to any sort of magical attack up to 14th degree magic.

AURELIA has 6/7 searches and 3/3 choices remaining.

"Oh woooooowwwww~" Marisa sighed happily, "This is even better then I hoped, ze!"

She pondered momentarily, before deciding to see what she could find about rare/magical mushrooms of this world that she might be able to get in this worldy universe thing, anything that might involve those pesky rifts because why not, and because of the recent rescue, a bit of research on Gryphons wouldn't hurt either. It wouldn't do to piss off the birdybeast thing, after all.

Who knows, maybe she could find Doomforall's private journal or something, or something about new spells to play with, having fun researching isn't hard when you have a libary all to yourself!

Angel wing attachment

MARISA

The library appears to be substantially larger on the inside than outside, and containing vast sections on what in any other place would be fairly niche subjects. While perusing a section on mushrooms and fungi she spots a particularly thorough tome which is entitled COMPLETE GUIDE MUSHROOMS AND FUNGI OF EARTH ZERO. It is several thousand pages long and details a massive range of mushrooms things like the Dour Hobnobbler which is only found growing in the armpits of certain species of Orcs, the Avenging Catbutter, which is normally incredibly poisonous but is used in the production of Lion-milk cheese and the Stereotypical Mycanoid - a humanoid mushroom which does incredibly offensive impression of the stereotype of the sentient beings it lives near.

A number of bookmarks with annotation identify half a dozen magically interesting species which can be found on the castle and the rock it sits on, and could variously be used for producing a shower of blinding sparks, giving your hands acidic properties capable of cutting through stone for a few minutes, a barkskin spell, the ability to repel all molluscs, a noxious stink bomb that would knock lesser creatures unconcious and, for some reason, one that makes the caster automatically know MobyDick off by heart, word for word. They could also all be used more generally for energy blasts.

At least a few dozen other bookmarks suggest that further species can be found in the city below.

In terms of information on the Rift and Doomforall, the main thing she locates in the information that Vengeance had previously located (OOC: Which is major plot info, so it's good to repeat it) but nothing particularly new beyond an annotated version of a book of the "Legends of Doomforall" which has some rather hyperbolic stories with notes in the margins detailling inaccuracies, and on occasion where someone else's story has been ascribed to him.

However the section Vengeance found earlier and the documentation around it are certainly the most pertinent:

"All my research and study points to one indisputable fact: that taking the power of the Rift from the Marranach was the greatest mistake any being in the history of the multiverse has ever made. My mistake. He was a being who was outside the multiverse, outside any comprehension and I, in my ignorance and in my folly, thought that I had impressed such a creature with my audacity and I had somehow earned the right to that power. I was a child to think that. He rules in the space between Multiverses and longs to expand his domain further into their light - pouring his realms into them like cold water onto a fire to reclaim them. In my stupidity, I am the beach-head - by bringing the rift here in myself I have given him a way in...

I will retire from using the power of the Rift as much as I can, but with this power I cannot shirk responsibility. Worlds may die from both my action and inaction. Eventually, something will happen and he will break in. I have begun to look into ways to escape this cruel fate I have wrought on this universe and the others, but it is a long shot at best.

I have already acquired the item from the Botanist and I returned Vengeance to his home world again, though he will not remember it, he may be the key to all this. If all else fails, at least this Fortress of mine may finally get to live out it's intended function..."

As for Anjushree, Marisa is able to specifically identify the creature as a Himalayan Crag Griffon, a fairly rare but particularly intelligent species. Griffons in general have much more subtle gender roles and appear identical on the outside, and they know each other's gender by scent. To ask the gender of one, or assume it is a massive social faux pas. Griffons are obligate carnivores with Himalayan Crag Griffons mainly eating goat and yak, typically paid for by paying farmers with magic.

Interestingly, there is mention of Anjushree specifically in several places - a few academic books on shield magic, anti-magic and spell-breaking are credited to the Griffon, as well as seeming to playing a role in an account of an event entitled "A Bustle in Your Hedgerow" however most of the book is lost to the point where Marisa has no idea what the book is particularly about.

AURELIA

Your search for "angel wing attachment" yielded the following result:

A Box with 3 pairs of preserved Angel wings Although the source of these musty old dry wings is unknown, there is clearly some serious magic involved, when placed against the back of a sentient and good being, these wings will permanently bond to them, come fully to their resplendent original state and allowing the owner flight and healing them entirely of all but the most evil magical afflictions.

Just for neatness purposes:

EUDIAL:
    - A BOOK WHICH CONTAINS REVIEWS OF PC GAMES STARTING 5 YEARS IN THE FUTURE ONWARDS
    - An anti-gravity Rod Stewart Action Figure - hit an enemy with this doll and they will be removed from all effects of gravity, unless able to secure themselves somehow, they will drift off into space.
    - A Silverine Lance - A powerful weapon developed during Doomforall's anti rift experiments - a long slender glowing silver spear that can fire a bolt of energy that can rip through rift and prevent it from restoring itself, as well as harming anything behind it. However it takes five minutes to recharge between shots is difficult to use at more than 20m if the target is moving.
    - Mother's Protective Gauntlets - Made for a Knight with a really concerned mother, in addition to projecting a field of armour around the body, these gauntlets speak constantly to the wearer, offering advice on any situation, such as when you need to wrap up warmly, apply sun lotion, how to clean stubborn stains and so on in that Knight's Mothers voice, as well as telling off any enemies"
    - My First Alchemy Set Learn the fascinating science of alchemy in 7 experiments! Turn oxygen to zinc! Alumnium to Iodine! Arsenic to Iron! Tin to Plutonium! Radon to Chlorine! Gold into nitrogen! Carbon to titanium!
    - The Pan Omnianites Guide to Self Healing A book which is written in uch a way that reading through the entire book of 120 pages will completely heal and injury through focused chi energies subconsciously guided by the precise flow of the text.
    - Electrovoric Fireflies A jar containing a number of small fireflies - they are of a special breed which will voraciously drain all electrical energy from the area, blacking out any systems temporarily. Possession of these is highly illegal due to their ability to attack cybernetic beings with devastating efficiency.

AURELIA
    - Armour of the Word of Gods An elaborate set of armour fashioned from Angelic scriptures and containing some the essence of the Divine itself. While it provides no protection from physical attacks whatsoever, the wearer is utterly immune to any sort of magical attack up to 14th degree magic.
    - A Box with 3 pairs of preserved Angel wings Although the source of these musty old dry wings is unknown, there is clearly some serious magic involved, when placed against the back of a sentient and good being, these wings will permanently bond to them, come fully to their resplendent original state and allowing the owner flight and healing them entirely of all but the most evil magical afflictions.
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

"United we stand!"

Your search for "united we stand" found the following result:

Mecha-bracers of Unity Three pairs of red and gold armoured shoulder-length gauntlet which gives each of the wearers the combined strength, speed and agility of all of them.
    Last edited by alex_holt; 27th April 2014 at 13:37.

Twitch had been flying through the halls of the great castle for some time. He had passed a great many artefacts such as urns, busts, expensive-looking paintings and the like, it even seemed to him like he had passed a number of them twice. Still, the castle was a nice place, though, especially those spiral staircases he had such fun flying up and down.

After a while, he heard what sounded like someone shouting. Taking off towards the course of the noise, he came across the room where Eudial, Leland and Aurelia were, along with some sort of computer with a conveyor belt underneath. He took a quick glance at the screen, and quickly deduced that the machine could supply them with a plethora of useful things for sorting out their current situation.

However, he was, and had always been, a small and mostly red avian. Quite a lot of this stuff, he probably wouldn't be able to carry, let alone use. His lack of hands meant blasters were probably out of the question either, so the macaw paced back and forth for a moment, thinking of what would be best for him. It was a little tricky to figure it out, all he'd really managed to do is get the spaceship...wait a second, that was it! A lightbulb came on in Twitch's head, and he flew up to the screen, looking a bit overexcited about something.

"Do you have anything that can turn me invisible?"

Your search for "Do you have anything that can turn me invisible?" found the following result:

Juruthmenarreyemuk's Greater Invisibility Request - A weathered scroll containing a rare spell. Juruthmenarreyemuk's Greater Invisibility Request allows the reader to carry out a ritual a few minutes long, after which the one who did the ritual gains a strange power. After completing the ritual, for the next five minutes (OOC: or 2 posts), anything, be it alive, dead or inanimate, to which the casters addresses the question "Do you want to be invisible?" will be utterly invisible for the next 12 hours. The ritual can be carried out twice a week.

As a side note, if anyone wants an item that someone else found but didn't select in their 3 choices (when they make them) they may retrieve that same item as one of their own options by making the same search (or just saying you want to retrieve that same item) - though this still counts as one of your seven choices.

EUDIAL:
    - A BOOK WHICH CONTAINS REVIEWS OF PC GAMES STARTING 5 YEARS IN THE FUTURE ONWARDS
    - An anti-gravity Rod Stewart Action Figure - hit an enemy with this doll and they will be removed from all effects of gravity, unless able to secure themselves somehow, they will drift off into space.
    - A Silverine Lance - A powerful weapon developed during Doomforall's anti rift experiments - a long slender glowing silver spear that can fire a bolt of energy that can rip through rift and prevent it from restoring itself, as well as harming anything behind it. However it takes five minutes to recharge between shots is difficult to use at more than 20m if the target is moving.
    - Mother's Protective Gauntlets - Made for a Knight with a really concerned mother, in addition to projecting a field of armour around the body, these gauntlets speak constantly to the wearer, offering advice on any situation, such as when you need to wrap up warmly, apply sun lotion, how to clean stubborn stains and so on in that Knight's Mothers voice, as well as telling off any enemies"
    - My First Alchemy Set Learn the fascinating science of alchemy in 7 experiments! Turn oxygen to zinc! Alumnium to Iodine! Arsenic to Iron! Tin to Plutonium! Radon to Chlorine! Gold into nitrogen! Carbon to titanium!
    - The Pan Omnianites Guide to Self Healing A book which is written in uch a way that reading through the entire book of 120 pages will completely heal and injury through focused chi energies subconsciously guided by the precise flow of the text.
    - Electrovoric Fireflies A jar containing a number of small fireflies - they are of a special breed which will voraciously drain all electrical energy from the area, blacking out any systems temporarily. Possession of these is highly illegal due to their ability to attack cybernetic beings with devastating efficiency.

AURELIA
    - Armour of the Word of Gods An elaborate set of armour fashioned from Angelic scriptures and containing some the essence of the Divine itself. While it provides no protection from physical attacks whatsoever, the wearer is utterly immune to any sort of magical attack up to 14th degree magic.
    - A Box with 3 pairs of preserved Angel wings Although the source of these musty old dry wings is unknown, there is clearly some serious magic involved, when placed against the back of a sentient and good being, these wings will permanently bond to them, come fully to their resplendent original state and allowing the owner flight and healing them entirely of all but the most evil magical afflictions.
    Mecha-bracers of Unity Three pairs of red and gold armoured shoulder-length gauntlet which gives each of the wearers the combined strength, speed and agility of all of them.
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

Twitch
    Juruthmenarreyemuk's Greater Invisibility Request - A weathered scroll containing a rare spell. Juruthmenarreyemuk's Greater Invisibility Request allows the reader to carry out a ritual a few minutes long, after which the one who did the ritual gains a strange power. After completing the ritual, for the next five minutes (OOC: or 2 posts), anything, be it alive, dead or inanimate, to which the casters addresses the question "Do you want to be invisible?" will be utterly invisible for the next 12 hours. The ritual can be carried out twice a week.
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?
    ?

Register To Comment