Register To Comment
Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast

Thread: HardWired II

A hammer would be fun, you'd probably need quite a powerful motor for that though. Have a look at Headbanger, that uses a Speed 900 on 3s for an axe and it's pretty impressive!

Cheers Haz!

Outer diameter of the discs (if I remember correctly) is 160mm, forget what the tooth depth is though. Emachineshop is pretty simple to use, I like it! I'd only use it for spinning weapons, mind (there's far better options for complete assemblies) but you can export the shapes out and use them in other things very easily as well. Very handy for single toothed things!

Have you got a side image of that? I am slightly worried about those holes... there may not be enough material there to prevent compression on impact, especially at the speeds you are planning to spin it at!
    Aside from that it looks great, but its got to function properly too.

I'll grab one at some point, stress analysis has been run on it though and it's given it the all ok! Also got spares haha

I'm as ready as I can get on my end of the scale

Hardwired 2 Classic's got its new paint scheme (Overdrive's going under the name Hardwired 2 this time) as well as Balsa Steel being patched up ready as a punching bag for demos and whatnot.
    Overdrive will be the focus of the next couple of days for me, I don't have it to hand (everything seen up to now has been Harry's handiwork) so travelling down tomorrow, and with any luck the waterjetted hardox stuff turns up on Tuesday. If not... oh dear. I'm keeping confident though - if it doesn't turn up, it's my own fault for getting it sorted so late on!

Also got Fhqwhgads with me, no idea if anyone else is bringing beetles or if they'll even be able to run in the arena whilst its quiet, but it'll be there if so. Failing that, Hardwired 2 Classic is only about 8kg still... HW2/Fhqwhgads cluster, anyone?

Regarding beetles, I'll have RPM with me.
    Also I love the new paint on HW2, looks so sleek!

Nice one! I think Sam said he might bring Lynx too, depending on whether they're alright running beetles in between times. Cheers too, wanted to spice it up a little, even if it is only going for whiteboards. This particular paint scratches really, really easily though I've found which won't be so fun hahaha

Register To Comment