Register To Comment
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Robots Live! European Championships 2013-7th & 8th September

Tomahawk is coming.

Luzifer ist Eingepackt, morgen geh ich noch etwas entspannen im Berliner Tierpark, Donnerstag kommen dann die Restlichen Sachen ins Auto und Freitag Früh gegen 7 Uhr Fahre ich Richtung Norwich los, kleiner zwischen Stop in Calais zur Übernachtung und Samstag Früh um 8 Uhr von Folkestone Richtung Norwich, geplante Ankunft 11Uhr in Norwich, dann noch etwas Essen und Punkt 11:59Uhr bei der Halle...

Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday. Been a long time. ;-)
    Lets see how the flippers and axes have changed in 2 years !

Also got some ex stuff for sale which will bring with me - http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/thre...ut-ex-team-kat

Safe trip over to my EU friends - see you Sunday!! :-P

I just wanted to say a massive thank-you to all of the Roboteers this weekend for coming together and creating an amazing event - the audience feedback that we've had via email and twitter says it all

"@RobotsEuroChamp that was totally awesome ! Thank you to everyone involved for a thoroughly entertaining show"
    "@RobotsEuroChamp having a great day for neils b'day just waiting for Goliath to go ape sh*t"
    "@RobotsEuroChamp awesome competition
    "@RobotsEuroChamp it was truly amazing, Very enjoyable and such a wonderful city, Thank you"

... I could go on, but you get the idea.

We're just adding up the numbers (and taking off some floor repairs) but we're well into multi-thousands for charity, and we have asked the Charity to let us know what the money you all raised for them will be spent on.

Congratulations to our winners Toxic2, second place Manta and MeggaMouse for a hard-fought 3rd place.

I have about a million people I need to thank, but Alan from Robots Live needs to be singled out for all his support from start to finish of the event, from the planning stages, the publicity stages and the event itself. An immense amount of time and effort donated by Alan all of which made this event possible. I also need to thank Paul Morris and all of the team at the Anglian Radio Group who supported the event from the start and used their time resources and money to help us. All of our amazing Judges who did a great job, Dave Weston, Ed Wallace, Rob Grimm, Terry Miles, All of the Nippers, Tim from Storm who did a fabulous job helping take the arena down and thanks to them we were just about out of the venue by 9:45pm.

But mostly, a thank-you to the roboteers - it was fabulous to be able to put on such an event, offer a prize fund, support the cost for attending teams (Europeans) and stick you all in a hotel for the night and STILL be able to give thousands to charity. Each and every one of you deserve to take some of the credit for this weekend.

We've already started getting emails from the audience asking us for the dates for 'next year' so they can put it in their diary..... watch this space.

I was only there for the saturday but i had a great time. Lots of robots and good fights. Congrats to old Tight Arsed Tezza for winning the comp and Nipper boys for the challenge nut win. I think you done good Ed....I really hope you do it again next year and also hope you raised a shed load for charity. Its been a while since so many robots were at the same show, it was a good comp feeling. nice to see the euro lads too.

Register To Comment