Register To Comment
Page 53 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 LastLast

Thread: Robo Challenge - 2013 FRA UK Featherweight Championships!

We're back home now, over the next few weeks I'll start getting what we shot uploaded. I hope to make a Tormenta 2 specific video, and a montage for the champs. Plus any complete fights I filmed.

It's taking me ages to edit down my videos and due to my moderately rubbish internet connection, it would take even longer to upload all 77 videos. Since Jarvis and Kane pretty much have footage covered, I'll just be uploading RogueTwo/Scot-Bots videos, but I've got almost all of the fights so if anyone wants any particular battle uploaded (maybe for an alternative angle) just holler and I'll get on to it.

Might have a wee crack at another montage video though as well. Quite pleased with how last year's one turned out

Quote Originally Posted by RogueTwoRobots View Post
    It's taking me ages to edit down my videos and due to my moderately rubbish internet connection, it would take even longer to upload all 77 videos. Since Jarvis and Kane pretty much have footage covered, I'll just be uploading RogueTwo/Scot-Bots videos, but I've got almost all of the fights so if anyone wants any particular battle uploaded (maybe for an alternative angle) just holler and I'll get on to it.

Might have a wee crack at another montage video though as well. Quite pleased with how last year's one turned out
    Sounds good Jamie- maybe another "best hits" clip would be cool.

In reply to clives posts;

All these spinners made Clive end up going out the back to take up smoking;

Roboteer

To right Mouldy, was good fun though lol

We should probably have a censored section of the forum, for pictures of roboteers getting freaky with their robots round the back of the venue. Don't want to scare off potential newcomers.

Some great footage there!

Tomorrow 8pm live on our Facebook we will be announcing the nominations for the 2013 Fighting Robots Association Awards. Make sure you don't miss it! Voting will open very shortly afterwards with the presentation at our open day later in the year. Best of luck to all the nominees, there has been some fantastic machines out there this year!

www.facebook.com/robochallenge

The Nominees for the 2013 Awards have been announced by the FRA on our Facebook page yesterday. Please find below the Nominees for each category with the FRA's reason. Congratulations to all who have been nominated and we wish you the best of luck. Voting will be open to all FRA members very soon.

FRA Awards 2013 - Best Design

Tormenta 2 - A unique and effective lifter design built with minimal resources
    Rabid - Effective yet simple electric pincer
    Predator - Stunning and beautiful creation based on the heavyweight Warhead
    720 - Very solid and reliable drum spinner

FRA Awards 2013 - Best Engineered Robot

TS3 - Compact and eye catching spinner
    Galactus - Extremely well put together drum spinner
    LH3 - Very effective and tenacious axe

FRA Awards 2013 - Best Newcomer

No Toy - All round well designed electric axe
    Binky - Super sleek spinning disk
    Scruffy - An edgy and compact electric lifter

FRA Awards 2013 - Best Driver

Ellis Wares - Relentless attacking style
    Dave Moulds - Gyro dancing & excellent pit evader
    Michael Oates - Always very controlled and precise execution
    Guilherme Ferreira - Tenacious driving style

FRA Awards 2013 - Most Innovative Machine

Rabid - Effective yet simple electric pincer
    Bitzawood Revo - Robots on a budget
    Tormenta 2 - A uniquely effective lifter design built with minimal resources

FRA Awards 2013 - The Outstanding Achievement Award

Team Beast - Repeatedly successful in every competition
    Team Toon - All 3 robots ranked in top 10 last year, Relentless and great achieving competitors
    Explosion - Finalists for a record 3 years in a row & current champions

I'll probably duck-out of voting till next year, as I don't know all of these bots and need to go to more events. But can anyone tell me where to find my membership number anyway?

Just paid for my subscription so I can vote, how do I find out what my new Membership number is?

Register To Comment