Register To Comment
Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 414950515253 ... LastLast

Thread: Robo Challenge - 2013 FRA UK Featherweight Championships!

That has to be some of the best footage I've seen from an event! Good effort Kane.

I have to agree!
    This is excellent

Roboteer

Can't wait to see the rest

Nice editing Kane, very impressed.
    How did you do it, wide angle lenses and then Ken Burns panning and zooming? Works really well.
    Maybe YOU should edit in 'bot-cam'!

Many thanks to James, Grant and everyone else part of RoboChallenge for another great event. It was brilliantly organised and somehow even better than last year! Sadly we can't make Yeovil as it's during the school week but I hope it all goes well. Also thanks to Pete, Kane and Wayne for doing a very good job judging.

Thanks to everyone for the congratulations. We still can't believe that out of 48 robots it was finally Explosion that won the champs! We've been saying all year that Explosion's six years old now and with all these really destructive new spinners we reckoned that it'd had it's day. How wrong we were! We were even discussing building a new one for next year, needless to say this version of Explosion will certainly be back to defend the title next year

Also very well done to John and Jonno with Beauty 2. We couldn't have had a more worthy opponent for the final and I was really glad that despite the huge amount of spinners it was still two flippers that took 1st and 2nd Also to Dave and 720. I was really impressed with it even by your standards! I don't think anyone could believe that hit on Inertia. Again to Sam and NST for 4th. Brilliant performance again but I was really glad that we got you back for our defeat last year! Finally to Callum with TS3 for winning the annihilator. Was really impressed by the impacts especially since it's only running on 1 speed 900.

I was really impressed with some of the robots from the newer teams. Tormenta 2 and Binky in particular. It's nice to see that the future looks so bright for featherweights.

Back to our robots, the ironically named Combustion was still a success in my eyes. It proved that it worked and put a nice gash in Tilly's Hardox, and now I know exactly what to do to get it working reliably for next year. Annihilation finally burnt out a motor after seven years on Friday. All fixed now though and it's back to working as well as ever!

Hopefully we'll see most of you at Colchester on Sunday but as many of you know my Mum broke her arm this weekend so we may have to miss this one. If so we'll see you all at Burgess Hill.

See you all soon

3rd place playoff

Grand Final

Grand Prix

Roboteer

Group B Qualifying Rounds

Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

Aww, I got all excited because Drumroll and Conker featured as the thumbnail/still image and then the footage wasn't even in there

Looks great though, excellent work!

EDIT: Incidentally, if it's possible to get a copy of that image, it'd make a great desktop wallpaper

Pictures: http://s31.photobucket.com/user/ayrs...?sort=2&page=1

Nothing special, just the usual collection of pit-top shots. Though there are a couple of nice ones of Predator and of the large gash in the front of Cicatrix's scoop from Binky.

Videos to come soon, though since Jarvis and Kane have already done a sterling job of uploading footage, it'll probably take a while for me to get them up.

Roboteer

Quote Originally Posted by RogueTwoRobots View Post
    Aww, I got all excited because Drumroll and Conker featured as the thumbnail/still image and then the footage wasn't even in there
    Unfortunately the one fight I don't have any footage of Pictures will be sorted next week
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

Register To Comment