Register To Comment
Page 25 of 55 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Robo Challenge - 2013 FRA UK Featherweight Championships!

Ironside 2 v Massacre v Drumroll 2....... winner.....Ironconkers

Beauty 7 v Ironside 2 v Massacre....... winner.....Ironconkers

Lh2 v Bitzawood Revo v Ironside 2...... winner.....Ironconkers

Drumroll 2: invertible drum bot.
    Ironside 2: Horizontal spinner with very thick armour

Scruffy should be very reliable but no damage threat.
    Turisas is a 6WD push bot with thick armour so bullet proof but non-damaging... in theory

Ironside 2 has just had a name change to.... Ironconkers. For obvious reasons.

I'm quite pleased with my draw, 2 spinners, 2 flippers (same one, but whatever) and 2 push bots (I think, I am sure Tilly's revenge is the see through pusher).

An interesting draw for us this year- looks like the new Inertia is getting a good trial this year

1) Inertia XL v Boner v Tiny Toon- no idea for this one as I've never faced Boner and Tiny Toon is not to be underestimated but my disc does go through hardox now as I proved last year

2) Inertia XL v Wedgie v Skyfall- will be a close one if I can stay in the arena

3) Inertia XL v Tilly's Revenge v Predator- this will be very interesting- lots of bits on Predator which could be damaged by my disc but could also recieve plenty of damage in return

And for Heatwave

1) Heatwave v Kaizer v Predator- depending on which version of Heatwave is competing this fight could go very differently- would be fun if the new one is ready

2) Heatwave v LF3 v Ricochet- good chance of ending up OOTA this time

3) Heatwave v 720 v 44 Toon- Bit worried about 720 as that drum should be more than capable of smashing us.

This has given me the kick up the backside to get to work on the new Inertia as it definitely needs the work doing to it!

Friday:
    Tormenta 2 v Ripoff v Wedgie - we'll be coming out one way or another, either intact but with a flat battery, or out of the arena. Not scared but it will be very hard to win, all three machines have 0 clearence, it will be a battle of the wedges.

Tormenta 2 v 720 v Robob - 720 is seriously nasty, quite possibly the nastiest drum in the UK, with those new teeth. Will be a matter of agility and being dogged. Robob is an unknown quantity, any help on what that is?

Tormenta 2 v NST v Ricochet - I don't know what Ricochet is, but it doesn't matter, bloody NS bloody T, bloody.

Saturday:
    No Toy v Grabbererer v Bitza Mk3 - my dad is driving this bot, it will hopefully be a good first round, though the bot is vulnerable to axes so we'll see.

LS4 v Grabbererer v Carcinus - same story as with NST, hopefully it'll throw itself out for us.

Cobalt v Grabbererer v Push n Shove - the above, minus the throw itself out. Not even going to bother protecting against Cobalt, in honesty. How do you?

-----------

All in all it could have been worse, but Tormenta 2 is not spinner friendly.

This will be an interesting event for us. Binky is taking its first steps while Conker is back for another bite at the apple.

Conkers fights are interesting to say the least...
    1) Conker 2 v LS4 v Eric Jr
    My least favorite fight... and its up first. LS4 is well... LS4, and I really hope that the welding on the armour is up to it. But it may be over (literally) very quickly if Eric gets in first.

2) Conker 2 v MMM v Night Fury
    I can see myself spending the fight upside down again thanks to MMM. Night Fury's armour will be to thick for the disc to cut through but a good hit should send both machines tumbling.

3) Conker 2 v Drumroll 2 v Night Fury
    Night Fury again! Drumroll shouldn't be able to cut into the Ti [lots of pretty sparks though] Disc to disc will be fun though. I think both of us will be flying.

Binky? Well these will be very interesting to watch... I can guarantee!
    1) Binky v Push n Shove v Explosion
    Push N Shove is the perfect shape to get some good hits on with the disc. Explosion is also nice and tall but the moment he gets under... its over.

2) Binky v Ts2 v Cicatrix
    This I think will be the most fun fight of the six. TS2 is again nice and tall to get some good hits on. Cicatrix will be wizzing round and ducking in behind both machines to push us to the walls. Should be a very mobile fight.

3) Binky v Cicatrix v Turisas
    Cicatrix again! This will be hard. Two push bots against a spinner, Turisas has some serious armour as well. The pit will be our biggest enemy here as the disc will limit our maneuverability, but if we get a good hit then we may win on damage points. But it will be a hard fight.

I think the sloped armour on both machines should help prevent serious damage from spinners but it seems that spinners are going to be problematic for us. Again.

Good Luck every one!

Going for heavily armoured on looking at this

Not going to say what though as it wont be whats planned but I have 8.4kg to play with JUST for armour, all the mechanics and electronics are done

Quote Originally Posted by teamshock
    3) Inertia XL v Tilly's Revenge v Predator- this will be very interesting- lots of bits on Predator which could be damaged by my disc but could also recieve plenty of damage in return

Why do you want to damage it lol!

Register To Comment