Register To Comment
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll - Full Combat Competition

there is only 1 reason i built it out of wood.
    FIGHT TO THE DEATH!
    :twisted:

I know this doesn't yet apply to me but in a few years time if I built a heavyweight or featherweight (i can't now or anytime seening as i don't have the funds nor the experiance) and it got smashed to pieces by a spinner then it could cost hundreds of pounds to get it repaired (if it wasn't beyond repair). I know I only have antweights at the minute (and i know that there are antweight spinners but not at RR or RL) but if spinners were aloud back then it would discourage me to build a feather or a heavy purely because of the repair cost.

Well, I'm not the biggest fan of full combat but I did put Possibly as I know Dave & Will are.

It is said that sportsmanship would stop unnecessary damage but that precludes everyone is a sportsman rather than a damage obsessed showboater. I'm worried with no 'ref bot' there, the spinners won't stop attacking long enough to start a countdown.

A majority seems to be working on the assumption that if HW spinners come along, every existing non-spinner heavyweight is going to get smashed to bits. Verging on mild hysteria at the mention of the 'S' word.

Seeing as most of the current HWs are stupidly powerful flippers, I reckon there's more of a chance of a spinner getting chucked out or damaged by a flip before it causes any significant damage to its opponent. Plus, since heavyweight have gotten smaller and their armour thicker, I reckon a spinner is more likely to defeat a flipper/box/other through knocking an internal connection loose than by ripping them to shreds.

I'm not a fan of tapping out; it seems a very American thing and not particularly in the spirit of the game. However I do think sportsmanship has an important role. I like to work on the principle (that I picked up from someone else) that if you're still moving, you're still a target to my machine and I will continue to fight until that is not the case (unless asked otherwise). But once you've stopped moving, there's no need to continue bashing you with a rotating lump of metal so you won't sustain unnecessary damage.

Definetly not. If heavyweight spinners were allowed back they would upgrade as the feather spinners have done and find a way of completely destroying other heavies. It's bad enough repairing a £500 feather once a year, so we don't want to be in the position of repairing a £3000 ten times a year, then to get it destroyed again at the next event. As for the heavies being well armoured. Several feather spinners have torn straight through our 3mm Hardox, so I can't see a heavy spinner having much trouble tearing up a 4mm Hardox shell.

Due to the nature of the heavy events, and due to the the fact that some events are so close together (often two-weekends back to back), I don't think there are enough heavies to start damaging them with spinners, not to mention the fact that not many people are going to want to go in with a spinner in whiteboard. Besides, I can't see this happening any time soon unless there's something we're not being told :P

This thread been started to liven up the forum because it's pretty dull now, or does it have a purpose?

Fw full combat works well.

Hw drivers are all whimps scared to get a squeeze of Tiberius, and won't even fight that... Let alone a spinner. Won't work... Heavyweights are dead IMO I won't build another one to just end up fighting other flippers... Part the fun is being woried all your hard works going to get smushed... Then more fun re-building it.

Quote Originally Posted by k_c_r
    A majority seems to be working on the assumption that if HW spinners come along, every existing non-spinner heavyweight is going to get smashed to bits. Verging on mild hysteria at the mention of the 'S' word.
    If a spinner comes by, a spinner comes by. If that spinner wins fair and square. Fine.
    But don't expect me to participate in a lot of events a year. The mortgage won't wait because a robot got trashed.

Seeing as most of the current HWs are stupidly powerful flippers, I reckon there's more of a chance of a spinner getting chucked out or damaged by a flip before it causes any significant damage to its opponent. Plus, since heavyweight have gotten smaller and their armour thicker, I reckon a spinner is more likely to defeat a flipper/box/other through knocking an internal connection loose than by ripping them to shreds
    Even being ripped to shreds isn't a garanty to losing. Example. Bigger Brother vs Hypnodisk- series . The on site rebuild of Bigger Brother ws a part of the fun. Also, who wasn't feeling sympathy for Splinter in the fight against the same Hypodisk a series earlier?
    Other examples. Gravity Vs 13 Black and Tough as Nails Vs Disc-O-Inferno (4 way melee) - both series 7 fights.

I'm not a fan of tapping out; it seems a very American thing and not particularly in the spirit of the game. However I do think sportsmanship has an important role. I like to work on the principle (that I picked up from someone else) that if you're still moving, you're still a target to my machine and I will continue to fight until that is not the case (unless asked otherwise). But once you've stopped moving, there's no need to continue bashing you with a rotating lump of metal so you won't sustain unnecessary damage.
    Over here we have another option. Drive into the pit. Would you chase an opponent into the pit?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_turbulence
    This thread been started to liven up the forum because it's pretty dull now, or does it have a purpose?

Fw full combat works well.

Hw drivers are all whimps scared to get a squeeze of Tiberius, and won't even fight that... Let alone a spinner. Won't work... Heavyweights are dead IMO I won't build another one to just end up fighting other flippers... Part the fun is being woried all your hard works going to get smushed... Then more fun re-building it.
    There is a simple trick to avoid damage from Tiberius. As shown on TV.

Also, building a BonX alike on heavy scale ain't a real challenge. Get some Hardox 550, shape it so crushers glance off, and you're almost bulletproof inside a reasonable budget. The real money will be in the option Turtle or Hare.

Simply put.
    1) Adapt or die
    2) If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.

Problem is, without people working in the kitchen, there ain't nothing.

Roboteer

Bring it on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will fight anyone .........Tiberius regularly gets draw against us ........

ALL THE BEST TEAM TILLY

I wouldn't mind full combat and also don't care if I'm fighting Tiberius either, the robot was built to fight .
    What's the bloody point in going to events just to winge and pull put of fights .

Register To Comment