Register To Comment
Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Bitza

I think Ziggy self rights just through shear force!

If you're making a Pneumatic 4 Bar then something like Ziggy would be more appropriate, an upward flick motion, linear rear leg and long front.
    Biohazard is more of a tip over motion.

@Marco

Hey no worries! The lengths keep changing so I'll PM you what I finally settle on, but only do it if you have time, don't go out of your way.

That would be awesome! Why email a guy in America with the US' most successful electric 4 bar, when the UK's most successful electric 4 bar is just down the road!?
    I'll PM you.

PJ I know for a fact that the UK's most successful 4 bar no longer exists. I miss Griffon.

Who?

http://robotwars.wikia.com/wiki/Griffon

Meet Griffon, successor to first war finalist Cunning Plan. Managed to lift Sergeant Bash but not over turn it. Had a shot at Killalot before Wheely Big Cheese too.

Oh yeh I remember that!

Me and Dan spent a bit of time yesterday cadding up the 4 Bar in Inventor and managed to simulate the action. Pretty happy with the arm lengths we've chosen.
    I'll get pics up in a bit.

In other news got my hands on a car wheel for the FBS:

Wheel 1.jpg

BitzaWood in the background for scale. Figured I'd have one last stab at the Bitza thing.

Problems already:
    It weighs 8kgs! Back of beer matt calcs tell us that we'll need to get it down to 6kgs to be viable.
    I'm assuming it's strong, but I could be wrong. I figured spinning at several thousand rpm under a car for several years taking the pot holes of Britain it's got to be pretty strong right?

Reminds me of spin doctor and trouble and strike, looking forward to seeing the robot finished, certainly sounds cool so far :P

Register To Comment