Register To Comment
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 'Failsafe'ing Receivers

I just bought a pair of those to! Dam it! But...

Quote Originally Posted by mr_turbulence
    bought these earlier this week; http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130649037879? ... 1439.l2649

Just tried one in diablo running the tz85's on drive and a turnigy rc switch on the weapon and a dx7 as the tx, no external failsafes etc.... all failsafed fine first time.

I have a couple of those, they failsafe fine for me.

I used the R610 in my antweight Napalm Death.
    My experience is that the throttle stays at last stick position, all other channels to mid stick. Aeroplane RX obviously.

So safe, provided you don't use the throttle.

The throttle fail safes, all other channels stay as is. I bought mine from the very same link as Dave!

Failsafing, the bane of my life! Don't know what else I can change.

Unless ESCs do something more intelligent than servos on power down?

Either way my ESCs stay as is as well!

Yeh that's what happens.

In that case you would need separate failsafes between the ESC and the receiver. Back to the times of old.

Bleugh! I guess that is what some of the more intelligent ESCs do. Although they are the same ESCs as Galactus and Guilherme doesn't have any of these problems!

i use a dx6i, all spektrum radio gear failsafes in receiver only, so no differnece betwwen handsets just what they came with as before.
    ar500 will failsafe i have rubbish copies but work fine
    not all orange rx failsafe only rx7 its £20ish

most orange rx fail to last known position then you rely upon your esc to do the rest, ie those who failsafe with orange rxs is only probly becasue of there esc being used having auto detection etc.

this is my understanding of using spektrum in modeling for many years

Register To Comment