Register To Comment
Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Eventorizon: Build Diary

Looks really good got some pictures of it with the top off?

Just going to leave this here:

Is this some sort of robot prophecy? :P

If we ever collaborate on a machine, Alex, we're calling it Torconka. I have decided.

Ok short report... she runs... poorly.
    The driving feels just like the old conker; slugish to respond, twitchy, uneven. I think I can put most of this down to the crap ESC's I am using - Electronize FR30HX.
    She loves going forwards but will only go back left. Spinning to the left is fine but spinning right is slow and uneven.
    On the plus side, the armour is running so low to the ground that it was rubbing shavings off the vinyl floor in the kitchen!
    In short I think I need different ESC's, these are just not up to the task, and I need to fix some foamy stuff to the underside of the armour when I bolt it down to it can ride over bumps.
    Sorry no vid as I am the only one in the house.

Ellis, the fact that Conker 1 and Tormenta 1 looked so similar despite being developed in two entriely different countries is remarkable enough in itself.
    What about Conkamentia? Or simply Titan? Cos our robots seem to just be Titanic in size! Its a shame they seem to sink just as easily!

Mouldy, I can take some but its a mess as its the same rushed wiring that I did for UWE freshers. Over the holidays it will get some proper TLC and decent wiring with heat shrink etc. not the masses of electrical tape and wobbley ESC's

get some tz85's

might be worth grinding some clearance down the side armour and keeping the front low... although having low side armour seems a good idea, a flippers wedge will always be lower, so the benifits arent that great.

Yeah, that was the idea behind Conker 1, they will get under regardless so make it harder for them to have control when they do...
    And after seeing the difference between Tormenta 1 on FR30HX and the TZ85's in Tormenta 2 I am almost certainly going to get some!

Try making everybody laugh by calling it Tonka!

Merry Christmas everyone!
    Thought I would share my rather mad ideas...
    [attachment=1:15kxkn35]HV Conker Concepting 01 800.jpg[/attachment:15kxkn35]
    Meet Heavyweight Conker; no idea what I would actually call it.
    Two A28-400 Mag-Motors for drive with 180mm wheels. 4 wheel drive created with 32mm T10 timing belts.
    400mm disc or bar driven by a Perm PMG-132; the same motor that Last Rights uses for its weapon, running at 48V. The max in the rules is 48V without prior approval, but Last Rights run 58V so maybe I could go higher.
    No idea what the chassis will be. Sewer Snake's is all Aluminium so I might be able to make it like that. The idea was to use Hardox Extreme; or what the equivalent, for the Titanium sections on the new machine.
    Of course I can't use the spinner here in the UK so my plan is to make the central supports, with all the bits that makes the disc run, removable so I can swap in a hydraulic crusher; different weapon, same bite!
    Chances of this ever happening are pretty slim but hey its interesting to see what could be made!
    PS PDF here if the pic is to small...[attachment=0:15kxkn35]HV Conker Concepting 01.pdf[/attachment:15kxkn35]
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

Need some advice...

I was going to put the solid state relay from conker 1 straight into conker 2 but the relay says that it is only rated to 30V on the high amp side. I am running 37V (10S) now so will this relay survive or do I need to go and get a new one?

If I do need a new one what can people recommend?

EDIT: Just had a thought could I run each S900 off a 85A botbits ESC?

I believe the Botbitz are 6s max...

Register To Comment