Register To Comment
Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Team MedBots

From memory they are 5w check you coil wattage, prob be ok with the heatsink but do the math to check

Well for 84p more I can get this one which goes up to 6a, 100w so should be fine:
    http://www.banggood.com/6A-150W-DC-D...r-p-80723.html

Doesn't sound like I can really go wrong for a couple of quid.

I use the Deal Extreem booster. Works fine, but is a tad on the big side.

I've been trying to get my heavy running again now that exams are all over, having wired up the drive I've found that the motors keep cutting out. I'm using a Vantec RDFR47E Speed Controller, one bosch 400 on each side, 10:1 gear ratio, 10" go-cart wheels and a 12v SLA battery.
    It happens on the bench if I push it quickly to full forwards or reverse and also when the robot is on the ground if I don't bring up the power very very slowly and even then it cuts out when I reach about half speed.

Anyone got any idea what's going on?
    I thought it could be current limiting but I can't believe my setup is drawing 70A continuous, 220A start-up.
    Is it possible that the battery voltage is dropping bellow 9v (the minimum voltage for tr esc)?

have you tried a separate battery to the rx

Quote Originally Posted by plargen View Post
    have you tried a separate battery to the rx
    Yeh I'm using a separate receiver battery.

is there a BEC built into the esc

Will be battery voltage without a doubt, especially if its a cheap battery.

Just tried it with my fw lipo and it worked really well, in the 30s I had it running the wires from the lipo and the deans connector itself got very hot but at least it worked!
    So looks like I need to try and source some better quality cheap batteries. May try and get some second hand Nicads or Nimhs or else wil have to use lipos but would rather not.

Register To Comment