Register To Comment
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Grim Reaper!!

Name to be changed most likley to Reaper as the original team want to keep the name i believe.

Had a propper look at it today, mainly gave it a coat of primer to stop it going rusty since matt got it sand blasted before i got it.

pics,
    [attachment=2:2sv1pwz5]BILD0004.JPG[/attachment:2sv1pwz5]

not in too much of a bad condition really, few bends here and there but nothing too major

Picture of the damage Sgt Bash caused with its claw from RW..........

[attachment=1:2sv1pwz5]BILD0005.JPG[/attachment:2sv1pwz5]

With the lids and flipper arm off ...

[attachment=0:2sv1pwz5]BILD0008.JPG[/attachment:2sv1pwz5]

what i've sprayed red is getting cut out as its bent upwards from the ram pulling up as it reached the end of its travel, and instead a 3.2 hardox base which will mount the motors, ram etc etc
    Attached Images Attached Images

Few more pics.....

[attachment=1:wswngbkb]BILD0006.JPG[/attachment:wswngbkb]

[attachment=0:wswngbkb]BILD0007.JPG[/attachment:wswngbkb]

Flipper arms pretty much ok, think im going to rebuild the top panel/lids thou as they are a bit past it- wouldn't take too long

Looking great Calum, gotta have a go when your finished

Spent a few hours on grim reaper yesterday, mainly chopping it up and planning what i can do with what parts etc.

motors i was given for it don't fit in the slightest so having to sell them off and get some bosch 750s or 400s sorted

can't believe it but at work thursday i was thinking about grim reaper and um-ing and ar-ing about hinges for stuff and out of no where managed to 'find' some steel scrapped parts at work with a 20mm hole in the center which will work perfectly!

pics

[attachment=2:3yqxxe5r]BILD0003 (5).JPG[/attachment:3yqxxe5r]

[attachment=1:3yqxxe5r]BILD0006 (2).JPG[/attachment:3yqxxe5r]

[attachment=0:3yqxxe5r]BILD0004 (2).JPG[/attachment:3yqxxe5r]

i've got a sheet of 4mm hardox i want rid off so thats going to be the base with aload of cut out sections eventually replaced with steel or something. the hardox is just for the strength really more than anything. im off work monday and tuesday so hopeing to get the base done, ram and everything mounted and mabye even get to try the ram out

more to comee

Looks fantastic calum, really look forward too seeing it back in action

there's a Bosch motor on ebay the guy has 2 but said he only found 1 of the in his garage so far

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOSCH-24-12-V ... 500wt_1287

what motors did you have for it?

used to have sim motors, now belong to trevor wright thou as of last night lol

ill sort out buying a pair of 400s for it when i get paid thursday

day off work today so spent it working on grim reaper.

the heavy weight bug is catching but at the same time i can't believe how shattered i am lugging the robot around every which way but loose all day. everything on me aches! feathers are so much easier to work on!

bottle holders almost done, new hardox base for it and the rams pivot is made. its crazy I started the day welding the base on which took an hour with some amazing welds, and as the day went on especially in areas where they would be clearly seen its like i forgot how to weld and some are eye sores! they'll hold for now at least anyway thou.

quite a lot of pictures to follow, starting off with the chopped chassis laying ontop of hardox so I could mark out what to cut out for the new base. Then mounting things inside like the rams pivot and the bottle holder, having a play with where a pair of batteries could go and just seeing what the arms like fully open etc etc.......

[attachment=2:15jy2gv1]BILD0005.JPG[/attachment:15jy2gv1]

[attachment=1:15jy2gv1]BILD0006.JPG[/attachment:15jy2gv1]

[attachment=0:15jy2gv1]BILD0007.JPG[/attachment:15jy2gv1]

Register To Comment