Register To Comment
Page 13 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: scruffy

just reading the tech check and im wandering if the lifter on my robot has to be restrained and if i can used 2 pieces of wood for the cradle

aslong as the wheels are off the surface its ok naturally a dedicated system for this is better but if the lump of wood works then it's fine

i never restrained my lifters as they were all electric so the whole system went through one link, however the wording on the tech check sheet may have changed since then

i suppose i could open the lifter up and jam a bit of wood in

We didn't have to restrain our 4-bar in Tormenta and at MMM, at least, we didn't have to restrain Tormenta 2's weapon.

The cradle for both of ours has simply been a piece of wood that raises the wheels off the ground. Passed 3 tech checks.

k well i i spent a few mins screwing a few bits of wood together to make a cradle for each bot and i can always pull the bolt out the lifter so the actuator could move but the lifter wouldn't

at the mo im just hoping i can fight them and give them a proper test

now i know scruffy is still not driving properly so i will be dismantling it tomorrow for some major internal re arrangement as the wheels and weight are probably in the wrong places also new wheels or some bike tread on the old wheels will help with grip

night fury just needs minor mods and a better driver lol

dam bought a hitachi drill with no charger from a car boot for £5 to run talon's weapon charged the battery at home and found out its really good and i don't want to dismantle it lol

also has anyone used drill where you can replace the brushes in robot before and are they relativity easy to modify

haven't updated in a while so thought i should do an update

scruffy: so far i have moved the wheels back to hopefully improve the steering, I still need to re-enforce the lifter as i think it bent a little

night fury: i now have a lipo battery for it just waiting for the charger before I start upgrading the wiring

and my latest robot, i so far have most of the bits and will star the build soon

the weapon will be interchangeable between a lifter and axe powered by a 14.4v 2 speed drill through a 6.3 to 1 chain reduction (36nm at 400rpm and 20nm at 1300rpm)

the drive will be 2 12v cordless drills and i am aiming to use

I will used the same speed controllers i used in my other

I am looking at going for a 3ch pistol grip tx

and the armour will probably be 3mm thick mild steel and if there is any weight left I will aim to add some polycarbonate to the outside
    Attached Images Attached Images

Really looking forward to this man!

That lifter motor, like ours, will be power hungry, and a battery that can feed it should result in a pretty punchy weapon. Doubt a single NiMH pack will be able to deliver the beans.

I'm aiming to put 2 of those packs in but if it still seams a bit weedy I will test the lipo pack a got for the 4wd robot in it

i also need to make something that will allow me to change the gear easily so i can use the faster speed for the axe

also the motor has a break which might be a problem but i'm hoping it will be able to fold other bots in the air

Register To Comment