Register To Comment
Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: scruffy

finally bothered to wire it up for a test run ...... just need to cut and weld the side armour now and get the lifter done

lol need more driving practice but it can drive in a straight line

bit of an update

i'm looking at building a tracked fw invertable ram bot

detention
    220mm long
    250mm wide
    65mm high

i have the tracks/motors and some gears, the motors are capable of 20000rpm at 9.6v and 10000 at max power and i intend to run them at 14.4v (2x 7.2v 3800mah or 5000mah)

i've been doing some estimations and i think i can make it do between 10 and 15mph through a 10-1 gear ratio and i think i might be able to get away with 8mm mild steel armour

still have the other 2 to finish but have got most of the material marked out and ready to be cut and welded ........ but i also have plans and ideas for a axe, flipper and spinner lol to many ideas not enough time or money

where did you get the tracks? can you shove up a picture of them?

Quote Originally Posted by plargen
    still have the other 2 to finish but have got most of the material marked out and ready to be cut and welded ........ but i also have plans and ideas for a axe, flipper and spinner lol to many ideas not enough time or money
    snap! I have to finish my drum spinner, make my horizontal bar spinner, I am half way through making a pneumatic system for a flipper, have finish my tracked robot which will be none competitive and am thinking about designing a boxer!!!

i got the tracks from technobots bot know if they will work yet lol

Quote Originally Posted by Max
    Quote Originally Posted by plargen
    snap! I have to finish my drum spinner, make my horizontal bar spinner, I am half way through making a pneumatic system for a flipper, have finish my tracked robot which will be none competitive and am thinking about designing a boxer!!!
    lol i always get part way through projects and start something else

they look good, spent the past couple of days scouring the internet for fw sized tracks. facepalm for not checking technobots :P

i think it cos me about £8 for the 2 tracks, im gonna use some hdpe to make the drive wheels probably round the 60mm diameter

Register To Comment