Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nimh - what to get?

Hi All,
    I`ve decided to go for nimh batteries for the new feather, can anyone recommend which to go for?
    I`ll be running two feather gold 24v motors through electronize speed controllers.
    I was thinking of using packs built of AA or C cells and either build them up myself or buy them ready assembled depending on suggestions, also which charger?

Thanks
    John

If your up for it you can get Li-Pos (with charger) cheaper than Ni-Mh nowadays.

2 of my feathers run on batteries from these guys, one of which is using 24v Gold motors.

Vapextech:
    http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/vapextech/?_t ... 4340.l2559

The charger i'm using is an iMax B6, which has had a few complaints about it as far as LiPos are concerned but for NiMh I haven't had too many issues with it.

Thanks, I`ve been looking at Vapextech via another thread.
    These look possibilities but was wondering on the current needed?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12v-NiMH-3...item3353c52b76

I was originally going for Li-Po but want to be able to leave them in the robot to charge if possible.

Having to remove them from the robot can be a pain unless you have a nicely designed system.

Most people use Vapextec though for Ni-mh. I do believe TinyToon uses Gold motors and runs a 24v Vapextec pack and that has plenty of ooomph.

Any idea what mah for the batteries?

3000+ I'd say. Its only a 3 minute bout and the current discharge is somewhat limited on Nimh, about 30amps I think.

Is Photon a rambot? I think I saw you guys at Kidderminster.

Yes it is, I`ve put a video camera in it aswell which didn`t work too well in the lighting at Kid. The robot is really just to get the setup working, correct gearing and stuff, and also to give my son something to drive. The body work is nearing failure now hence work on a flipper is beginning.

I used 3300mAh 19.2v batteries on Daiske II on the Golds during the testing before leaving it to my team it they provided those motors with plenty of kick, so much so that it was almost like an overhead whack bot as the nose didn't spend much time on the floor when accelerating.

ok sounds like what I`m after

Register To Comment