Register To Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pact?

before i start please bare in mind that i am the most guilty of what i am about to say so this isnt a rant against anyone....

Me and Jason have been enjoying a good old conversation about robot teams and pacts made before battles and how it all started. well my point of view is that my first time on robotwars was with thor and we made a pact from the start to give us a better chance of progressing. From those early days i just considered it normal to make a pact and it didnt really bother me at all but knowing no different from the start why would it......until now.

Both Jason and myself have decided that we are no longer going to do any pacts with any other roboteer in any competition what so ever....if others wish to make a pact against us then we wont complain thats up to you guys.

We would ask all other roboteers to join our desision but of course its up to you. without pacts we think it will make for better fighting and winning will be more true than teaming up and progressing. If we go out the first round then so be it.

Please read this post and acknowledge you understand and what you guys think.....input is needed on this one.

Shane......Teambud

By pact, I'm assuming you're just meaning teaming up with someone before a battle to, for example, take out a stronger opponent that you doubt you'd be able to tackle on your own? Just to clarify

If so, I can only really remember doing it one time in the past (there may have been other times) but it didn't work too well as the robot I'd made the pact with was sent OOTA accidentally by my robot and I then had to beat the other robot myself

But it's not something I generally look to do before every fight. In my opinion, if a robot is moving in the arena that isn't mine (or a tag partner) then it's a threat and therefore fair game. If I attack it and lose/get smashed to bits, then fair enough. Just lets me know I need to make my robot better.

The fact you've brought it up probably means if I ask, or am asked, about it in future, I'll be more aware of it rather than not giving it much thought. You're right, things are fairer and truer without pacts.

teaming up against the stronger opponent yes thats it mate. it was just conversation today and we decided we are not doing it anymore. still we wont have a problem if others do...we just wont.

Quote Originally Posted by swanaldo
    still we wont have a problem if others do...we just wont.
    Also means if your robot manages to beat two opponents teamed up against you, you can have extra uber bragging rights about how awesome your bot is

so now that you're not going to do it anymore you don't want anyone else to either?

No not at all....was chatting to someone about this last night..... We dont mind if anyone else does it we are just saying that we are not going to. We dont have a problem with anyone teaming up against Thor. Its a compliment to us that people do team up against it and to be honest why wouldnt you. Thor will not make pacts anymore its just as simple as that.

112 people have viewed this thread and only 3 have replied so it says to me no-one is too bothered anyway. I was after some input and thoughts but never mind eh.

Register To Comment