Register To Comment
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Team MAD Build diaries

Main chassis now complete and welded.

Chassis all welded up and ground down, ready to start mounting stuff. Mounting the axles will be the hard bit due to the location, but think i've figured it. Hope to have it driving for this weekend to test. As you can see the new frame is alot lighter, hopefully allow for abit more armour.

blimey thats a massive weight loss cant belive that, would have thought the old ally was lighter !
    more gas and buffers on board now then ??

I figured it was going to be lighter, but was amazed by how much. Plan was to keep the pneumatics similar to how they were at Kidderminster as it seemed to work ok there, but seeing as i might have some extra weight to play with might slide another bottle in kept all the angles and geomatory of the flipper the same, all the other sizes are the same, only difference is the angle cut off on the back.

That angled cut-off at the back is clearly the source of the 7.7kg weight loss

Roboteer

no its the lack of blue paint
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

Drives done, next job is to art mounting the pneumatics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAHIi1fF9gU

Everything together, if i used the original armour

Alan i am sure every roboteer looking at that last picture smiled and thought they have done exactly the same thing.

Has to be done Swanny, it the roboteers version of Buckaroo, how much stuff can you pile on before you hit the 100kg Hopefully weight for better armour ontop.

Back on page 1 (sorry ) the feather you built had car seat motors (well they look like the ones I have and no I didnt nick them from the wifes car ) but with some nice axles
    Did you make those yourself or get them made up?
    They're Bosch 35s used in Jags/Rovers for the car seats. Made the axles myself.

Register To Comment