Register To Comment
Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Pneumatic questions, sorry!

why do you need a buffertank in an fp system because surley (due to the lack of a regulator) the pressure between the main tank and the buffertank would equalize meaning the co2 would condense in the buffer tank filling it up with liquid co2 and then it would just become a second main tank ? also, will the tank ice up/ freeze more or less in a fp system than a lp system and is there any way of reducing/stopping this?

Sorry but i still can't see the point in a buffertank in a hp system, I have a vague understanding of why you need one in a lp system (because it takes some time for the regulator to start and you want the ram to start extending instantly) but there is no regulator in a fp system so why bother with the buffertank?

Quote Originally Posted by Max
    Sorry but I still can't see the point in a buffertank in a hp system,
    I do.
    but there is no regulator in a fp system so why bother with the buffertank?
    The valve in a paintball botle has a 2mm² hole, a Burkert valve has a hole of 126mm².
    I have a vague understanding of why you need one in a lp system (because it takes some time for the regulator to start and you want the ram to start extending instantly)
    A tiny wrong idea if you ask me. A regulator starts regulating from the moment the pressure drops below the set pressure.
    But has a certain capacity in let trough. (CV)
    A small regulator has small holes to let the gas flow, you just can't fit a 16mm hole in a 15mm diameter body.

A different type then from mine, the ones I had (and leaked, therefor could be disassembled) used a teflon washer on a seat that is part of the burst disk assemby. And messuring that hole ain't easy. And the right angles don't help the flow.

I hope Max sees the reasoning for a buffertank now.

Ok, deffinitly going to use a buffertank! Are you allowed to make your own bottle to give it a bigger opening and also an internal and external heatsink to reduce freezing?

If your storage bottle has all the needed paperwork concerning pressure testing and such, you can.

Heatsink in the bottle. Can you give me a drawing or scetch about that?

External heatsink. Good plan,if you have the roomand weight to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by maddox10
    Heatsink in the bottle. Can you give me a drawing or scetch about that? .
    i just mean thin 'fins' (sheets) of aluminium welded to the inside of the bottle
    what other paper work would be needed apart from pressure rating?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Register To Comment