Register To Comment
Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast

Thread: Pneumatic questions, sorry!

I run a similar set up... have a look at the last post on this page...on this thread there are listed all parts you'll possibly need!
    http://www.fightingrobots.co.uk/thre...d-diary/page12
    Its quite simple and its relatively cheap to build. The most important thing is to have large bore fittings and short pipework...in my setup I connected the QEV directly to the ram, so losses due to length of pipes are the minimum possible.

Edit: I found a photo of the semi-assembled set-up

Last edited by Liftoff; 3rd June 2013 at 19:44.

That is perfect! Also that 4 bar is basically what I was aiming to make... except its already been done. Well if I can get a 4 bar going it will be the first in the UK.

There's already a LP pneumatic 4 Bar, can't remember who made it. I believe there was also a FP, called Flick or something?

Yeah, Flick was a HW from the Supernova team.

Not sure there is a pneumatic 4 bar flipper, there's been a few electric ones though. Are you flipping from the front bars or back bars ?

It was pneumatic

Flipping from the front. I've been examining various setups; Ziggy, Biohazard etc. Now this one from Aus.

I am just not sure what is the best kind of set up on a 4 bar. I downloaded that 4 Bar calculator but it doesn't mean much to me.

I meant to say no FW pneumatic 4 bar flippers. I know Flick was pneumatic .

I built one but never actually made it to competition, I have since nicked the parts out of it for other robots.

Hi,
    Does anyone know if a 1/2" NPT connector will screw nicely into a co2 nut? Im thinking of buying a hydraulic elbow to go from 1/2" BSP from my paintball bottle to 1/2" NPT. this seems like the easiest thing to do without having to make up an adapter.
    Thanks,
    Max

Register To Comment