Register To Comment
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Pneumatic questions, sorry!

You can do the job with a 2/2 valve, if you use the Cutlet system. The standard on FP feathers...

The 2/2 valve must have the highest flow you can afford, and a small hole in the rams pressure chamber will dump the gas. Leave the valve open, and the bottle will empty itself trough that small hole (we talk about 1.5-2mm diameter).

If you go LP, affordable 3/2 valves ain't a problem.

Has anyone tried using a rotary atuaror (not sure how you spell it) for an axe/hammer robot?

Yes, rather unimpressive results.

The heavyweights Project One and Enderbot from the Dutch series One used large SMC rotary actuators, but had trouble achieving any results.

Razerdave had a setup with 2 small Festo rotary actuators, still, not very impressive.

I've never heard of rotary actuators, I'm assuming they give you a reciprocating motion from an electric motor? I tried looking up Festo but got confusing results.

Festo DSR series

SMC CRB series

A rotary artuator (I think that's the 3rd spelling now) are pneumatic components which rotate when you put pressurised air in. Unlike an air motor which spin continuously (like an electric motor but running of air) a rotary artuator only rotates a certain amount eg 180 degrees

Ahhhh right, cheers.

What happened is that the 'plunger' part of the assembly, its made of plastic and it just couldn't take the forces involved. Only ever fired it about 5 times, never in an actual fight and it still broke! Trevor tried to make a metal one with no luck, so best avoided.

If I have a 10 bar single acting ram 80mm bore 100 mm stroke then each flip will use around 40cm^3 of co2. If i use a 16oz bottle of co2 how many flips do I theoretically get?

Also if it is single acting Woodies use of qev's has no use does it? I may not have got the right idea because I think I read that you could use them a inlet valves instead of outlet but what I read had them as outlet on a double acting cylinder

Oops! I was looking at the wrong system! Now I see the point in Woodies qev system, it very clever. So if I understand it right the flipper will fire when you close the solenoid valve as then the pressure will drop opening the qev valve dumping all the gas in the buffertank into the ram then when you open the valve the qev valve will close directing the gas to the buffer tank to fill it up again. Is that right?

Also can you get a qev valve with a flow of 8cv?

Register To Comment