Register To Comment
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Pneumatic questions, sorry!

Ok- I think I understand it now. One problem though is if i make this setup:
    [attachment=0:3gknt6ju]pneumatic picture.jpg[/attachment:3gknt6ju]
    is i can't see how the gas can vent from the ram after a flip? how do i solve this?
    Attached Images Attached Images

And is it practical/possible to have a QEV with 8Cv?

http://www.hitechcontrols.com/camozzi/v ... c-vso.html
    The 1/2 has an exhaust CV of 6.62 ...there is a 3/4.

Am I right in thinking that a powder fire extinguisher tank being used as a buffer tank has to be in date?

Hi,
    If I have a pin valve on my paintball bottle then can I have a valve after the regulator but before everything else as my on/off valve? Also if I have a on/off valve directly on my paintball bottle could I have it so it was only accessible from underneath the robot?

Roboteer

9.5 Isolation Valve
    Gas cylinders charged to pressures of greater than 50psi must incorporate an isolation valve that can be
    operated from outside of the robot.
    9.6 Remote Isolation Valve
    Gas cylinders that do not incorporate a valve (for example: the gas is released as soon as the cylinder is
    screwed into it€Ÿs mating pneumatic connection) such as found on disposable welding bottles and €žfizzy
    drinks€Ÿ machines must have an additional remote isolation valve accessible from outside of the robot.
    9.6.1 Position
    Any remote isolation valve shall be positioned so as to minimize the pipe length between it and the
    cylinder. This pipe length must fully vent before the cylinder is fully unscrewed from the pneumatic
    connection.
    If you are using a pin-valve type cylinders with screw in connectors then it is a requirement that you use a remote isolation valve. This should be the first item after the cylinder (e.g. not after the regulator).
    The valve must be accessible from outside the robot and this means without inverting it.
    Kane Aston
    http://www.makerobotics.com

Co-owner and builder of BEHEMOTH

I know it may prove a tab arbitrary but can anyone give me a rough Newton value for the power output of a cylinder running on LP and HP. I'm unsure of the operating PSI of each system, but I'll read back and see if I can find it.

Cheers!

Register To Comment