Register To Comment
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Pneumatic questions, sorry!

Not as far as I know. And if so, expect a higher pricetag than the originals.

For low pressure buffer tanks do most people use paintball bottles? Also do you need anything to fill your paintball tank with co2 (I am going to use a 16oz one from justpaintball ) like hoses or adapters?

For LP, a paintball tank is overkill, to heavy for the job.

To fill a painball bottle, you need a filling station. Available at any reasonable paintball shop.

Hoses for FP. I prefered thermoplastic hoses 1/4bsp size . These are commonly used on forklifts for the moving hoses on the arm- for the extra moving of the forks.

but my latests setups don't use hoses, but collectors. Solid mountings , no hoses, and as least couplings as possible. Takes a lot more time and efford to get ok, but the advantages are size, weight and simplicity.
    Metalbeaks setup is such one.

Sorry I meant do you need anything to fill up the bottle at an event?
    And what do people use instead of a paintball bottle for a buffer tank?

At the German events the standard is paintball bottle. They have their own filling station.

For the Dutch events, that is covered.

I didn't see any filling station for paintball bottles at the RR events.

So, it's up to you to make sure you can refill your own bottle. It's also handy at home. You don't want to run to the paintball shop every time your bottle is empty. Easier to rent a bigger CO2 bottle and refill your own for testing purposes.

On low pressure buffertanks.
    I have seen a lot of different things. But powder fire extinguishers are known low pressure buffers.

Would a battle switch, from robo-challenge, be able to power 2 solenoid/servo operated low pressure valves? They would be running at 12-18v I think

Normal Solenoid Low pressure valves, like Festo, run around 2watt @24V.

The issue will be, is a 24V solenoid strong enough @18 or even less volt to switch the pressure yoiu want?

There is a reason why we overvolt the Burkerts for FP use.

But Yes, the Battleswitch will be strong enough to cope with the power demand.

Could you use one of the aluminium bottles (the camping shop ones) with screw on bottle caps, as a 6 bar buffer tank?

I have seen such being used. But I can't give any advice except.

I'll have to test them first

Do you just need a 2/2 valve for a single acting cylinder? And what kind of flow rate do you want for an axe? (just roughly because I've got a brochure and their are ones with 1l/min and ones with 3115 l/min i think so a rough idea would be great)

Register To Comment