Register To Comment
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crash & Burn Mini-Tournament of Death 4

I.A.N and O.I.D for me please! stats on ZED
    look at me now look at Kody, now back to me, sadly Kody isnt me, but if he writes good fights, he can smell like me Joey is now diamonds!

Make way for the Weird Brigade!

TEAM BRAVEHEART
    1. Traffic Warden (HW)
    SHAPE- rigid U shape, rounded rear
    COLOUR- black with a yellow stripe
    WEIGHT- 100kg, I hope
    DIMENSIONS- 95cm X 150cm X 25cm
    SPEED- 15mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 10mm
    ARMOUR- 4mm Grade 5 titanium
    MOVEMENT- four inner wheels
    POWER- 2 x Etek-RT motors, running at 48v and producing 38hp.
    WEAPONS- A pair of horizontal hydraulic clamps within the middle of the machine. Each clamp is powered by an 80mm x 40mm ram operating at 3000psi, delivering up to 10 tonnes of crushing power. When an opponent slips into the middle, the clamps activate and hold them in place. Traffic Warden can then drag them around and shove them into the nearest arena hazard. Think of it as Huggy Bear on steroids.
    SRIMECH- invertible, rounded rear should prevent it getting beached
    NOTES- flies Scotland flag, super special awesome thanks to Daniel Stickler, Martijn and AJ for helping with the design
    STRENGTHS- good traction, tough shell, fairly manoueverable, nippy, powerful grip
    PIC- http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/1130 ... nalto6.png

2. Venus Fly Trap II
    SHAPE- box with wedges on all sides
    COLOUR- green with ugly great mouth on top
    WEIGHT- about 100kg, I hope.
    DIMENSIONS- 95cm X 95cm X 20cm
    SPEED- 12mph
    TURNING CIRCLE- 0mm
    GROUND CLEARANCE- 10mm, though the wedges and spatulas should provide some extra protection
    ARMOUR- 3.75mm Hardox
    MOVEMENT- 4 x inner wheels
    POWER- 2 x C40-500 MagMotors. These will run at 36v and produce approximately 12hp.
    WEAPONS- On either side of Venus Fly Trap II is what appear a rear-hinged flipper with a large spatula, covered in barbs. These are the 'jaws' and are powered by an 80mm x 120mm pneumatic ram each, running at 250psi. The idea is that an opponent is scooped up on top of the robot or gets stuck on one of the spatulas, the 'jaws' fire simultaneously and ensnare it like a real venus fly trap.
    SRIMECH- A rear-hinged arm on top. Powered by a separate S28-400 MagMotor geared 250:1 for quick and easy self-righting.
    NOTES- flies Scotland flag, thanks to Joey for aiding in the design
    STRENGTHS- Unique weaponry, powerful, well-protected, nimble
    PIC- http://img394.imageshack.us/img394/7102 ... trapii.png

1 more person (and Zarte's entries needed! )

Right, one more person needed...anybody out there?

EDIT: Actually, screw it. I'll just add 2 realies. :/ I want to get this thing going.

Right! So, line-ups look like

this

The Crash & Burn Mini-Tournament of Death 4

Heat A
    Venus Fly Trap II vs. S.O.T.A.R. vs. Gabriel V vs. Sauron
    BIACS By Popular Demand vs. Sheer Heart Attack 2 vs. Vertigo vs. O.I.D.

Heat B
    Shrederator vs. Mobile Failure 2.5 vs. Wedga Ennea vs. The Crashing Bore 2
    Empty Inside vs. Harraz vs. Iron Awe 6 vs. I.A.N.

Heat C
    Exertion II vs. Liar 2 vs. Blast vs. Eye of Ran II(I)
    Traffic Warden vs. Cobalt(2) vs. Equinox vs. Assegai

Two bots go through from each, one bot each goes through from the resulting semis to get into the Final annihilator. And just a note, if Cobalt and EoR2 do not receive respective redesigns, I'll just use their current designs.

Tactics, predictions, and may the best bot win!

Hmm...a clamper, a spinner, a rammer, and a triangle. We're certainly doing our bit for diversity here ;P
    I would like to offer Tracy a teamup, since I think we could have a pretty good chance against the other two. Sauron has interchangable weapons but nothing that can really gain purchase or do much damage to the angled Hardox body, and I think the front hardened steel point on Gabriel can get under the skirts easily to flip or pit. VFT has fairly high ground clearance and would be ripe for either flipping or S.O.T.A.R.'s blades to undercut it...so...any thoughts Trace-E?

Good luck with this Kody, it looks like being a 'pretty damn good' mini-tournament

Yay, result of line-up...let's go!!

The Crash & Burn Mini-Tournament of Death 4

Heat A
    From this match, I think that Gabriel will have the biggest problem with SOTAR, due to the nature of it's design. Regardless, and with no disrepect intended, Sauron is likely to lose out. From them, VFT to follow out.

BIACS By Popular Demand vs. Sheer Heart Attack 2 vs. Vertigo vs. O.I.D.
    Erm...get back to me on that one

Heat B
    Shrederator vs. Mobile Failure 2.5 vs. Wedga Ennea vs. The Crashing Bore 2
    Ooooo, precious flippers... Yh, Shrederator's gone, as Wedge will overturn him pretty quickly. From the remainders, I think that mayhaps Mobile Failure to immobilise TCB.

Empty Inside vs. Harraz vs. Iron Awe 6 vs. I.A.N.
    I feel pretty confident in this match-up, due to my weapon/drive, and the nature of both my opponents. It doesn't matter which robot comes after me, my two targets (in order of preference) are Empty Inside, and Iron Awe. I.A.N doesn't really bother me, but I'd rather face him in the later rounds than one of the others.

Tactic for Iron Awe: out-drive, and pit. REVERSE ONTO THE BUTTON! That way, if I get rammed by a flipper, I'll still have a wedge to come back onto them with. Anyways, Iron Awe is quite easy to outdrive, so do so, and then shove him down.

Tactic for Empty Inside: I notice Titanium armour, which is no easy meal, but is still quite tasty, and there seems to be no padding. This means house robot feeding is a good idea. Hopefully a spinner will come in for a useful KO
    Given the two wheel set-up with the wheels at the front (you say like Merlin, but that's more centre, ignore if I'm being perdantic) this might make him a bit harder to aim his flipper at me. Therefore, reaching his sides will hopefully be easy.
    So the plan is go in, lift him over and use the arm to pin him down and then feed him.

Good luck peeps

Heat C
    Exertion II vs. Liar 2 vs. Blast vs. Eye of Ran II(I)
    This is gonna depend on the Eye Of Ran version. Either way, I'll be making quite good use of him in this fight. The plan is to OOTA Liar ASAP, due to the fact he is he most dangerous contestant in this fight. He'll be hard to get a hold of, but if I can, ram him into Eye Of Ran, and hope the bar will do something awesome - yay for lazy strategy If this isn't working, OOTA him straight.
    After this (so concentrate totally of Liar ftm), ram into Eye Of Ran's bar (the 1cm Hardox scoop and padding will prevent too much damage) and throw him out. Exertion isn't a massive worry to me, but if he tries to take me out or I can't get rid of Eye Of Ran, go after him - yay for lazy strategy and fighting
    Btw, I am going to conserve my flips: only use them near the walls/self-righting, to maximise OOTAing possibilities.

Good luck again peeps

Traffic Warden vs. Cobalt(2) vs. Equinox vs. Assegai
    I think Traffic Warden's a given. The other 3 are hard to choose between...I'll say Cobalt, due to the weapon factor.

This looks great Kody, know it's gonna be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by joeychevron

Hmm...a clamper, a spinner, a rammer, and a triangle. We're certainly doing our bit for diversity here ;P
    I would like to offer Tracy a teamup, since I think we could have a pretty good chance against the other two.
    Hoo-kay Joe-e. I'll take your team up.

Usual SOTAR tactics apply. Spin up, attack the bot that would be looking at me funny if it were to be able to look, and proceed to rip it to shreads. Target VFT for starts, mostly, though Sauron is also open to being attacked if it does something I don't like. Do attempt, however, to not hurt Gabriel until I kinda actually have to.

And.... uhm... I'll get back to ya'll about MF. XD

Register To Comment