Register To Comment
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: A return to television

Why not bring back typhoon 2?

It's not my machine and it's still busted up from when it last faught in the US 5 or 6 years ago. There are plans to rebuild it purely for display and small demo purposes

I suppose Beetles would be a nice easy option to take across the pond! You could carry them in your hand luggage, just remove any sharp blades and what not...

I'ts funny how a lot of the American robot were similar to eachother but very different to those in Britain. The block o' cheese flipper is big here and the Fit-as-many-tyres-as-I-can-on-a-ram-bot-shaped-like-a-VCR is popular there. Would be interesting to see how they would stack up against each other.....

Flippers don't seem to be big and the semi's was 3 rambots and a Hori bar spinner!

To a degree, I feel British fights and bits are better since we have to use tactics to win battles and our bots have to be agile were as the USA bots just need to spin up and get one good hit, they don't seem to use proper tactics

Surly that is a tactic? Hell, I wish my tactics were to just spin up and win! Although Late Rites did take silver......

worked for me in robot wars

Quote Originally Posted by woody
    It's essentially two evolutionary pools... Americans have BIG spinners to cope with ..thus the bots ... that wish to survive them .. are pushed towards a certain design.
    Could someone explain why the pool without the spinners has robots with the hardox wheel covers?
    We have no Heavy weight spinners... that can compete due to Arena / Insurance restrictions .
    We also have regular shows to attend / put on .. Bot builders in the UK are thus driven in a different direction.
    I feel that the UK heavyweight category, in the absence of spinners has become very showman like.

Register To Comment