Register To Comment
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: why are these weight classes are not more popular?

i think they would be a good step for feather builders, building a 13.6kg robot, then building a 100kg one is a massive jump. something around 50kg would be better so we can get experience building bigger robots.

plus, we might be able to get some bigger spinners in the arena

Speedo like this
    http://www.technobotsonline.com/saberto ... 30702.html
    For £184 with discount

or wotty 100 for about £200

Wotty 360 for heavy I think I paid about£380
    Radio is the same for Ants as it is for super heavies if you use 2.4 ghz

if a few of us got together and agreed to build some middleweight i think we might just be able to finally start off this weight class.

but, would middleweight spinners be allowed?

Ive said before if any Middleweights turn up, we will get them a fight. I've got a middleweight i built years ago (2004 maybe) took it to a couple of events but never had any one to fight, so its sitting in the shed. So if anybody else can get one built i'll dig mine out.

We wouldn't allow spinners in our arena, the RoboChallenge arena wouldnt be big enough, as middleweights are going to be nearly the size of heavies.

i do genuinely think we could get this class going if we try

who would be up for building a middleweight if we gave a set date for a middleweight fight?

I seem to remember me and Tom Wilkinson tried to get one going a while back, actually the old Mythras shell is probably light enough to be entered as a middle...hmmm...

Could get together a couple of people to build 2 similar middleweights and run them as a clusterbot in the heavies.

Quote Originally Posted by Anttazz
    Could get together a couple of people to build 2 similar middleweights and run them as a clusterbot in the heavies.
    unfortunately if you did that the cluster wouldn't be allowed to fight the high powered flippers (most heavys)

Register To Comment