Register To Comment
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: why are these weight classes are not more popular?

Do the Typhoons head along to Edinburgh Gary or are they being kept for the event they have the week after? Would be interesting to see them, would definitely shadow what i'm bringing along anyway.

Also, I suppose we could go for a Team Scotland heavy if a resurgence in the middles doesn't happen if you'd be more interested in that. Would be a shame for all the bits you have to go to waste, and not test the kinetic axe idea out either. We could build one of those very rare not-a-flipper heavyweights instead. Plenty of time to discuss that in the coming months/years though.

I believe one of typhoon 2's shells will be on display at the comp.

A heavyweight is an idea certainly. Once my lathe is up and running i think the axe will be a more viable idea as i will be able to machine a custom threaded shaft for the disc to move along using a high quality steel, I don't think standard threaded rod will be able to take the forces from a heavyweight axe

A heavyweight that aint a flipper would be great, something different

We have plenty of time between Edinburgh and any other competition within our reach (I imagine) to see if/what we decide to do anyway

an axe bot would be really good to see, dont see many of them and not many new axe bots either

I know Tom has a good looking MW called Maxus.

Anyways. I think MW's could be good for those starting out.

*Grabs pen and paper and begins drawing*

i think we're ignoring the obvious here, what about lightweights!?

Obese featherweights in my opinion. Middleweights are nicely spaced weight-wise between feathers and heavies, good if you want something bigger but not as heavy as 100kg. To me, lightweights are one weight-class too many. Either go slightly smaller and build a feather or slightly larger and build a middle (ignoring the fact that middles currently aren't popular)
    I guess you could apply the above reasoning to almost every weight class, but the LW category just seems unnecessary.

im with jamie on that, LW is just pointless. i would like to see someone build a middleweight since it would encorage more people too build larger bots, but done have the time, space or experience for HW. you never know, we could see MW's become the new FW's in terms of popularity in time

Register To Comment