Register To Comment
Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Cicatrix Build Diary

Not that you can tell much, but there was a little breeze blowing at the time
    Need to get the drive sorted though, even if it was a slippery surface (and on a slope)

Hence the kicking?

The teeth look like they bite nicely though.

Yup, much kicking required to get it to move. Having said that, the wheels need replacing, they're pretty goosed.
    The teeth bite nicely, but the drum's still a bit too slow for my liking. And far too unbalanced.
    Gonna bite the bullet and invest in a decent brushless setup for it though; can't have it under-performing at the next champs - it's got a reputation to uphold!

The steepness of the hill actually doesn't come across too well, but for people watching, I have tried running Eric Jr on that carpark and it has no chance, just gets stuck constantly, it was also the only 5 minutes of the day where it wasn't raining heavily. We had also been testing on a garage floor coated with hydraulic oil .

Don't worry Jamie, the next UK champs will still have to walls for you to smash it into until its broken, your rep will be fine

For an unknown reason I can't view the video. Any chance it could be uploaded to YouTube?

Not working for me atm either, will probably start working soon.

Working now, and my God, when you said breeze you weren't freakin' kidding! Surprised Drumroll didn't float away...

Looking very cool, loving the bright colours and of course, the destruction. :twisted:

Not another brushless spinner! What sort of RPM are you getting on the drum at the moment?

Not enough RPM! For some reason, running a Speed 900 in Drumroll II hasn't impressed me as much as the original one. I think a large part of that is due to the drum being significantly lighter than the old one, as nothing else has changed. It uses the same batteries and same gearing as previously but just doesn't seem as impressive. In order to keep up the destruction with less weight, the RPM needs to increase and the best way to do that is to go brushless, so I'll be looking into that soon.

Sorry Tony, I seem to have hi-jacked your thread with my updates :P

haha, just a tad!

So where has the extra weight gone then? Surely you want as much weight in the drum as possible? Slightly concerned as the whole rotating structure of Bitza 2 is likely to only weigh 2kg.

Register To Comment