Register To Comment
Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Cicatrix Build Diary

Wouldn't increasing the voltage reduce the current? Amps = Watts / Volts

Although all my school taught knowledge is gradually being dispelled!

I did think about that, but then I thought that the power output of the motor would just decrease as the voltage decreased?

power = current x voltage

Double the voltage to a motor, it will try and draw twice as much current so you get a 4 fold increase in power (in a perfect world) but things can get very hot very quickly. I also wouldn't recommend bouncing off a current limiter all the time.

Is that what I said? Equation conversions are beyond at the moment (long day)......

So if the motor is rated at 150W at 24V then thats 12.4A (I think) and if i'm running it at 19.2 then I probably wont be overdoing it with the XL ESC. Does that sound right?

The XL is the only thing I have spare at the moment, just because it came out of Cicatrix when I put the XXL in. As long as I don't break it I will be happy, will be good to get a wee test at Edinburgh and will see how it performs. Could even give it a test with the XXL afterwards just to see if there is any change.

Just the right amount of Saltires?

Well that's the same number as I had on my very first robot, so yes, good amount
    Patriotism aside, it's looking very nice now.

Register To Comment