Register To Comment
Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Cicatrix Build Diary

True.

Did a spin up of Minitrix today, but had to take the teeth off as they were catching the edge of the motor.

Video is taking ages to upload but will upload it as soon as it is complete.

Right, all done.

Nice, how much does the drum weigh?

I'm trying to find new batteries for the only set of scale that would go low enough to measure that, but its some weird watch batteries it uses but will keep you posted.

Many-a-times have the kitchen scales been used to weight robot parts and robots.

Or the old trick with bathroom scales, where we measure ourselves, and then again holding the robot. Take away the difference, job done! That's accurate right?.

I usually use the bathroom scales for whole FWs, but I dont think they'd be sensitive enough to be able to do it with a small bit of a BW. The kitchen scales ae the ones that use funny batteries, will try to get some tomorrow

Fairly long while since i've updated this.

Not a lot has happened recently, have battled with a few hydraulic tanks (unsuccessfully) and also heard that I cannot attend the UK FW Champs this year, which is also rather annoying. So i'm going to concentrate on getting Eric and Eric Jr ready for RL Edinburgh with some upgrades that I have been thinking about doing for a while but been concentrating on other things (namely spinners) that will have to wait until next year.

1. Blue speedos out and Scorpion XL in
    2. Drills out and Gimsons in
    3. New wheels, probably blue ones and the Gimsons seem to big, but will have a new set of both
    4. Upping the voltage from 14.4v to 19.2v in line with Cicatrix so I can have 2 sets when only Eric Jr is competing (Cicatrix and Daiske II's)
    5. The Robocoat „ :wink:
    6. Paint job to make it more Eric-esque

Think thats enough to get on with for the moment Hoping it get it ready for a few test battles with Drumroll/Carcinus before they go and defend the Scots Honour before the Championships.

Quote Originally Posted by Anttazz
    Hoping it get it ready for a few test battles with Drumroll/Carcinus before they go and defend the Scots Honour before the Championships.
    April 7th/8th :wink:
    Need to find somewhere open and safe to test, not sure that car park is large enough to contain any potential shrapnel from the brushless setup!

Pity you can't make it to the champs, but getting things ready for RL Edinburgh with plenty of time to spare sounds like a good plan. I look forward to seeing the Robocoat„

Register To Comment