Register To Comment
Page 4 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Robo Challenge UK Championships. April 15-17, NEC

It's going mahogany :P

Sign ups are going really well thank you every one. We are over half full already. Make sure you get your entry in quickly if you want a guaranteed place.

We can't do anything about car parking unfortunately however, entry will give you free access to the Gadget Show Live We will schedule all the battles so you know how long you will have between each battle to go for a wonder around the show.

would a provisional sign up be ok?

Quote Originally Posted by mattsdragons
    would a provisional sign up be ok?
    Well you have to submit payment before getting the sign-up form so that might be a bit tricky :P

And that's brilliant news James, thanks very much. I'm sure the cost of the car park can be offset by the fact we're not having to pay for GSL tickets.

Just a general heads-up that there is a Travelodge sale starting at 6am tomorrow for £10 rooms between March 6th and October 31st for anyone looking at accommodation.

erm, i have no idea, ill have to have a good think and look at time scale etc and see if it can be done

I didn't have much luck either Adrian. Got up a little earlier this morning just so I had a good chance of getting something but it didn't help
    The site didn't seem to be able to cope with the demand either, which was a little annoying considering how popular an offer such as this is likely to be.

I think I saw something about the £10 rate applying to one-night stays only, so if you put in for two or three nights for the competition, it won't show up. I think you'd have to book each night individually and hope that the same room was available for £10 every night. Must look into it more this evening.

Alternatively, I checked out prices for the Hilton, which is located within the same overall area as the NEC and is around five minutes walk (I think) from the venue, but I thought £1017 for three nights accommodation for a robot event was just a little much

I imagine if they saw me they'd change there policy and make me pay in full on arrival. I am watching this forum keenly to see where people get good deals for staying.

nobody camping it? :sad:

Register To Comment