Register To Comment
Page 11 of 45 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: 2011 Robo Challenge UK Championships. April 15-17, NEC

Well, going off the champs in 2009, it goes roughly like this:

To start we have 3 qualifier round with three robots in each, from these qualifiers we gain points for the following
    4 points for a knockout win
    3 points for win by judges decision
    2 points for 2nd place
    1 point for 3rd place (but the robot must have entered the arena)
    0 points for not entering the arena

The qualifier rounds are decided by the pre-event draw

Top ten scores from the qualifiers go through to the knockout rounds, which goes:
    5 1v1 fights
    5 way losers melee, 1 robot goes through

3 1v1 fights
    3 way losers melee, 1 robot goes through

2 1v1 semifinals

3rd place play off

Final

A drum might take it this year. Drumroll/Boner has done very good the past 2 years. Just need some one to work out how many flippers / vert spinners / horizontal spinners and boxes etc theres going to be this year.

Entries are on the website

Ye, dont have a clue what sum of the robots are.

So only ten robots make it through from the Qualifiers! Going to be a short weekend for me.....

If you get knocked out of the qualifiers you have the opportunity to enter the annihilator though

Ok. I'm assuming there will be Whiteboards throughout the weekend, providing we can keep the robot running we'll keep fighting it!

There is usually

Slight thread highjack, but what do you guys do with your batteries between rounds? Would you advise giving them a fast charge between bouts, or letting them run a little low before doing so?

I know ideally I would want to run them flat and them trickle charge them, but I can't imagine that is practical at a competition!

fast charge. Do a few slow charge discharge cycles when you come home (if they are still in one piece). I wouldn't worry about the competition format. James and Grant will publish it soon i'm sure.

Register To Comment