Register To Comment
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 19th June 2011 - Guildford Spectrum - Roaming Robots

As always many thanks to Jonno and all the team for a great day,We didn't win one fight so no change there but had a lot of fun.
    Cherub did OK only one weld broke and the Wotty overheated in one fight.
    Seraph flopped it stopped in one fight still don't know why! And managed to shear the drive shaft in the other, hence wheel falling off.
    Tron worked very well and managed to push anything, except Matilda but it did stop it moving for a bit.
    Looking forward to the next one.

Thanks from us too- really enjoyed the event and good to see such large numbers in the audience!!

Maelstrom ran really well the new motors made a big difference to the drive- had its ups and downs due to my dodgy driving

Managed to beat Thor 3 times which was nice but lost to a 10 year old and Puck :blush:

Thanks again- had loads of fun and can't wait till the next one!!

Roboteer

A massive thanks to Jonno and the crew for putting on the event for us again. Great to see 2 sold out shows. I am knackered at work today after the weekend so I cant even start to guess how the crew must be feeling.

Well done Jonno and Will on your wins. Fairly happy with the way Toon Raider started the event managing to flip Maelstrom out of the arena, but this win was put into perspective later when Will managed to join Jonno in the been beaten by Puck club Then it went wrong and the gearbox lunched itself and a few welds let go. Oh well its only damage :sad:
    Maybe time for a rebuild
    Team Toon:
    Heavyweight UK Champion 2015
    Robot Wars World Annihilator Champion 2015
    Heavyweight Tag Team Champion 2012
    Featherweight UK Champion 2010
    Featherweight Annihilator Champion 2009,2011 & 2014
    Rebel Robots Champion 2009
    Pika Annihilator Champion (Belgium) 2012
    Tanja Trophy Winner 2010
    Team Champions ( Team Barbie) 2011

Thanks to Jonno and the entire crew for yet another great event, really enjoyed ourselves as always
    Had great fun driving Beast for the weekend (thanks John ), but the highlight had to be watching Will join the beaten by Puck club
    Well done to Will and Jonno for winning the competitions, and I've uploaded our footage from the event here:

Quote Originally Posted by Team Invade
    but the highlight had to be watching Will join the beaten by Puck club
    Haha I think you'll find that all the best robots lose to Puck in the end

HI Guys,

Just about recovered, just got the tables to take back this afternoon.

2 fantastic shows !! It was always going to be a challenge to repeat the O2 setup, but we did it... just, more time already booked for next venues !!!
    Ticket sales were fantastic due to a number of reasons which also includes some help from teams who offered and helped us on Pr days, really appricate it as always!! The new branding is definately working !! Work has begun on the next venues !

I think people are now getting used to the loading system, and from what i've heard like it. From a production point of view, if anyone has sat out the front, the quality of show is now coming on leaps and bounds, and can only grow stronger and stronger as chris gets to know you all.

So we've now got a few months, where we will be reevaluating things and seeing what else we can improve along the way. I already have a list of jobs to do.

Matailda made her debue with the disc fitted, didnt hear any compaints... running at low power, and with rubber blades... not designed to destroy, more to throw but in a safe manner. Might turn it up slightly though !!!

Arena flipper on form again, poor corkscrew hit the roof before bouncing out of the arena !! ( note to crew ) lets bolt it in next time so we can use it on the feather weights !!!!!!

I have had a couple of teams talk to me about the setup and some improvements which can be made... as Roaming Robots grows stronger and stronger, we want to take you guys with us.... therefore if you have any suggestions then please email me with them, any constructive critisim is welcome to improve roboteers lives.

Have a great summer, Im off to run a series of school summer schools, other educational projects and possibly back to Singapore.

Thanks again for your support.

John
    Roaming Robots

How did Will loose to puck ??????
    Champion next year now !!!

Register To Comment