Register To Comment
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: New RR arena !!

Quote Originally Posted by john_frizell
    And lose the house robot for featherweights. It is so much bigger than the feathers that drivers lose sight of their machines and so can't control them. And it inflicts damage. When I put my machine in the arena I accept that it may take damage from other machines in its class - that's part of the deal. But I do not expect to have my machine beaten up by something 10 times its size.
    from someone whos had there robot wrecked by major damage before, the damage didnt really bother me cos thats what its kind of about to be honest and my robot got little hittered and broke down so fairs fair, the hammering and picking up with the claw i didnt mind and it probabily looked great but what did the real damage was because major damage is so massive when it was trying to pick my robot up it was litterally crushed against the side wall- the chassis is warped and the claws were written off

mabye something just a bit smaller please lol

imstead of doing something like growler, to make it different, how about the same kind of robot but a rhino? with a massive ramming horn that'd look pretty cool and ofcourse the jaws still

Roboteer

Bring back GROWLER !!!!!! new house robot

so he can clean up the arena after a battle save me doing it ....lol

nice heavy duty floor ....

higher roof with better lighting shining down so its not in your eyes while your driving ...

and driver pods...

and a screen in the pits so roboteers can watch there and not crowd round and impair the drivers ....
    ALL THE BEST TEAM TILLY

Hiya,

The thing is with Class 2 arena's is not really about the cost to make it, its more logisitcs of moving it around and building it and still making it viable to fit in with the current events.

Take the RoboChallenge arena.. I believe even the small feather weight class 2 arena they have takes a 7.5 Ton truck and a van.
    The current RL arena i think takes a 7.5t truck and two vans.
    The current RR arena including Major Damage, 2 payto drive arenas / equipment only takes two 7.5t trucks.

A class 2 HW arena is going to severely bump up the transport cost, and build time... plus i dont think people will fight spinners every month.

I have considered it, but dismissed it as a bad idea at the moment.

Regards

John
    Roaming Robots

Even if the thickness of polycarb was reduced for half the arena would it reduce the size of the transportation and setup task? To properly deal with heavyweight spinners the floor would almost certainly have to be made from steel as well. The robot wars arena was replaced on a relatively regular basis

Register To Comment