Register To Comment
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New RR arena !!

all ideas being noted guys.

Thanks

John

I think arena spikes would be cool. And a flame pit.

Also, it would be cool if the Ratz got to fight in an arena with a pit as well, and with lower sidewalls (more OOTAs!)

Chucking 10 battleratz into the arena at once would be pretty awesome.

A quick question: Are custom battleratz allowed yet or is it still just the ones from the shop?

Is this what all these meetings have been about?
    I like the idea of a large dia rotating disk flush with the floor, stops people driving straight in for an attack
    Like a 4 inch dia piston that starts flush with the floor and lifts maybe 4 inch or so, Lift fast to over turn a feather and just take heavys wheels off the ground, could also be used as a bollard in the floor if its left up.
    A rotating screw like the battle box had, Set slightly into the floor would be better so it draged robots up onto it rather than push them away. Slow moving so its not a spinning weapon.
    One or two floor pannels that move up and down in all 4 corners of the pannel constantly on a cam system. Only has to lift an inch or so just stops floor scraping robots a bit more unless they time it right while the pannel is down.
    Rather than the cages around 3 sides of the arena just have the walls higher on 3 sides, The poly carb right upto the arena wall doesnt feel safe to me.
    I also like the idea of another house robot, Growler style, stupidly powerful and fast around the 250kg mark, Be a nice pet for MD and be a cool house robot for the feathers so you dont have to get MD in every time.
    Also a PPZ so if a robots in the PPZ the house robot/s can give them a nudge, stops robots hanging around for too long near the edges so there will be less oota's
    If you have a PPZ have the PPZ surrounded by somthing like a 5mm thick flat bar or have the whole PPZ raized just 5mm to stop the ground scraping flippers getting right close to the edges to get oota flips. The 5mm flat bar around the inside of the ppz would be a far easier and cheaper way rather than the whole raized PPZ. Like 100x5 flat bar so theres alot of width to get plenty of fixings into the floor.
    CO2 jets would be ok but quite expensive in the long run.
    A steel floor would be nice but transpotring and manual handling would be a right pain. And without making the arena a higher grade arena you cant go for high speed spinning weapons in the arena like grinders or kill saws etc. With flame throwers and stuff its very venue depending and even if there ok with the smoke having bottles of propane or whatever inside might be way too hard to get round with health and safety.
    If you was able to upgrade the arena to allow spinners it would be cool, but would it be worth it? you could have 1 maybe 2 spinner events a year at the most because people wouldnt be able to afford to take part in full combat alot and some wouldnt even bother going to a full combat event because of the possible damage they could recieve. Unless you had scored some sort of TV deal where roboteers would be getting paid.
    It all depends how far your willing to go with the arena and what you can spend.
    long post eh? Can you tell i have nothing better to do?

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme
    I also like the idea of another house robot, Growler style, stupidly powerful and fast around the 250kg mark, Be a nice pet for MD and be a cool house robot for the feathers so you dont have to get MD in every time.
    What, like Gripper?
    http://www.roamingrobots.co.uk/?pages=houserobots

Now that you come to mention it - it would be nice to see the old boy again. Retrofit si vous plait.

Still think a bulldozer house bot would be more worth investing in. For starters, it'll cure all moving dead robots problems

Needs to be faster and more powerful and have a few ton of force behind the jaw.

Quote Originally Posted by xtreme
    Needs to be faster and more powerful and have a few ton of force behind the jaw.
    I wouldn't have said speed myself, Tom. If it'll be chasing featherweights most of the time, it probably wouldn't need a great deal of it.

Acceleration worthy of Tornado and a very accurate turning circle would be higher priorities than speed . For starters, I think it's safe to say it should ditch the 4QDs and yes a redesigned hydralic jaw.

bosch 750s at 32v nothing special.

Register To Comment