Register To Comment

Thread: Trouble finding wheels

a 6mm axle on a featherweight will get bent VERY easily. Take a hammer and with your thread in a vice smack it. It will bend. If you are not happy to do this on an axle in a feather then it isn't suitable for the arena. Ideally a featherweight should be able to fall from a good 6ft onto a hard surface on any part of the machine and survive undamaged.

O and the blue wheels have a bore around the 12mm mark (can't remember exactly). Save yourself some time, buy some drills, take out the motors and gearboxes and use them with the robochallenge wheels with the nut insert.

eh drill it out to 6mm? You're not going to find many parts that are bolt on and go in this hobby.

Try a 6mm shaft if you want, but I can almost guarantee that it will fail.

AHHH I see where you are going wrong. I assume that you are planning on putting a wheel on the end and screwing in the reverse thread 5mm screw? This will break.

Instead, get some of the nut insert wheels from robochallenge. These screw over the larger thread on the end of the drill motor shaft, then you place a washer over the end of the wheel bore and screw in the reverse threaded screw (the 5mm one). Because one thread is a right hand and the other a left hand, as one tries to loosen, the other will tighten, keeping the wheel in place.

Register To Comment