Register To Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Crash & Burn Tournament - Ants! Ants! Ants!

I shall enter Jigsaw V!

(will get the stats done before the tourney starts :P)

Yeah, kinda have to eat my own words here. :P Thanks for the entries, guys, they look quite good enough.

Dunno what good extending the deadline will do, but I'll add another month because I'm not quite ready to start writing yet, so get the entries in by Oct 23rd people.

I'm too distracted to make another ant (you know exactly why, Kody. :P), so I'm just going to enter Skeith. You know where he is. But for those of you who don't, it's over here.

It is also on ZED as I recall, but my newish laptop lacks the favorited link so...

I'll enter my real antweight, Kruger

Name: Kruger
    Weight: ~150g
    Length: 100mm
    Width: 115mm
    Height: 55mm
    Drive: 2x Pololu 30:1 gearmotors (1000RPM @ 6V) on 11.1v (1850RPM) with Pololu 32mm wheels.
    Controller: Modified Spektrum module with B-328 robot controller.
    Battery: 11.1v 3S 240mAh 45C Hyperion LiPol battery
    Weapon: 110mm x 3.2mm (cutting diameter x thickness), 22gram, 1 tooth counter weighted hardox spinning bar. Powered by a Turnigy 2204T-1400KV brushless motor @ 11.1v (15500RPM). Approx 85joules of kinetic energy. Uses a Turnigy Plush 25amp Brushless controller.
    Armour/Chassis: 2.5mm Carbon Fibre Chassis and 1mm polycarbonate shell.
    Notes: Selfrights via weapon.

- former version of Kruger (Known as Scarlet). Just gives a rough idea of how the robot looks and moves in the arena. First 45 seconds of the video is of my girlfriend Cait driving, it was her first event and the speed of the weapon was a hassle for her. Current version of Kruger and Scarlet have addressed the driving problem.

I don't frequent these forums much, so if the battles commence, someone just shoot me an email/pm/msn etc etc.

8 days past the deadline...bah.

Yeah, I'm turning this into a smaller tournament now, unless there's more motivation in the next coming seconds. :P

League set-up. 3 1v1 matches, bot who wins the most is the champ. If there's a tie, one final fight will determine the winner.

So...

Round 1
    Kruger vs. Jigsaw V
    Skeith vs. TransparANT 2.0

Tactics, if you so please.

Quick update of Kruger.

Weight is officially 146grams

Some videos from the last event

Tactics...
    Can Joey actually post his stats and some pics so I can do some tactics

viewtopic.php?p=104856#p104856 for the full details and pics, but it's basically a titanium and polycarbonate wedge, with a front hinged flipper as its main weapon, and its main strengths being tough armour and quite a bit of power behind it.

It is also currently, as of yesterday, the reigning Antweight World Series champion

Tactics will be to try and stop the spinup and avoid using the weapon except as an aid to removing Kruger from the arena, and also try and avoid exposing my sides to it (well, I say sides, the lack of sides is a bit of an issue XD)

Kruger VS Jigsaw V
    Tactics:
    Spin up then attack from the sides, should be able to duck around the side with the 50% more speed Kruger has. Just keep attacking till he stops moving.

Congrats on the win @ AWS, Joey!

blah! been away too long...is it still okay if i enter?

Dead meat evo

Basicly a 2 wheel drive 3mm polycarbonate invertable wedge, powered by 30:1 micro gear motors, 11.1v 3cell lipo batterys, spectrum radio gear and a Sabertooth dual speed controller, it uses extra grippy tires to provide both great traction and good speed (big footprint on the floor) it also has a thin piece of acitate at the front to help get under even the lowest opponents

pictures and videos:

there is a picture here: http://s770.photobucket.com/albums/xx34 ... ture10.jpg
    as well as a rather god awful old video here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzJ1mxt2-K0

(and no, i had not been kicked in the balls shortly before making the video)

so yeah...if your still willing to give it a try there it is

Register To Comment