Register To Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: a beginners sub section?

hi all, just a quick idea...

we seem to always be getting a lot of new users joining up and saying stuff like hi, i want to build a robot but i dont know where to start or what parts do i need, where can i get them from?,and we seem to be repeating ourselves over and over...

perhaps we should have a section for newcomers to ask their q +a? or have a guide with usefull links/tips stickied to the tops of boards so they can just read it and get a basic idea, and then ask any remaining questions?

just a quicky, but may be a usefull idea...

discuss...

jack

This is an idea that has been suggested several times, yet the fact that it has been suggested again clearly means nothing has come of past requests.

I agree with it, as there have been several new build and help questions surface in recent weeks. On the old forum, it was harder to get 'sticky' topics as the program used didn't seem to support such actions. We can get 'sticky' threads here though so it should certainly be do-able.

There have also been moves to create a new builder's helpbook written by FRA members I believe, bascially our equivalent (although maybe not as thorough) of the Riobotz tutorial, and a Fighting Robots wiki page with all sorts of helpful topics and pages for beginners. Obviously these aren't ready to go online yet (people are due to be busy with other things such as work) but if there's anything needing done to help make these utilities available, I'd be happy to contribute as I've got a fair amount of free time in the coming weeks.

indeed, i read it back when i first started, helped a lot...

good ideas guys, perhaps we should create a community guide? on how to build a basic robot, that people can add too and edit when new ideas/products come to the market?

keep it up!

jack

That's something I've always thought of doing but never had the time, a decent audio-visual setup or a voice I like the sound of on camera
    If it could be done though it would be one hell of a resource, especially if it was for the featherweight class.

Register To Comment