Register To Comment
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: From The Ground Up (Advice Thread)

3k will do you fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard Time
    6* 125mm Robo Challenge blue wheels
    These wheels don't come with nut insert.
    Yes they do, if you contact the Robo Challenge guys direct and ask for some to be made up. They don't have them available to order on their webstore though, possibly because not many people use them.
    But if he's running Speed 900s he won't need the ones with nut inserts anyway.

Gary, loving how the new version is looking! Will have to have a prod about it for curiosity's sake when I see it

The DX5e uses DSM2 technology, which means any DSM2 compatible receiver should work with it. Take your pick: http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trks ... Categories

I combined mine with one of these handsets when it cost £11.99: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Spektrum-Controll ... 3cadc35762
    and got a 2.4GHz setup for £22 (which is already more reliable than the Radio Link sets)

That transmitter is very basic though, the DX5e has a lot more to offer.

You know, when tabs were first introduced, I really wasn't keen on them. I don't know why I was being so stubborn but I just refused to use them. Love them now though, had an insane number of them open when trying to compare hotels and book rooms for the upcoming FW champs!

Anyway, I've just had a quick look at the DX5e specs and it doesn't actually have that much extra compared to that transmitter I linked to (the E-Flite). They both have servo reversing functions and dual rates, although they'll probably be adjustable on the DX5e, don't think you can do that with the E-Flite. The main differences are that the DX5e has an extra channel and built-in mixing. Being used to standard transmitters such as Futaba, I found the E-Flite one to be really plasticy and cheap (to be expected at that price though) and the sticks felt very loose to move. But I tried driving Drumroll with it and it felt perfectly fine with a similar response to every other transmitter I've used. It's up to you though, I'd say the DX5e feels more like a proper radio transmitter but if you're not too fussed by things like that, then the E-Flite for £15 would do the job.

Register To Comment