Register To Comment
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: From The Ground Up (Advice Thread)

The trouble with speed 900's for ne is how do you keep them cool and get a gear box in? Chain drive or timing belt pull systems?

I never bother working out how to keep motors cool. Let them get hot during the 3 minutes of combat and then cool after. Gearboxes, mario has some nice single units that he made a while back I believe from some steel plate. It's a more complex process making your own gearbox combo than just using a drill motor.

I learned this the hard way back with hornet 1. Decided to be smart and not use drill motors and use golds instead. Made some nice little wheel box units but those weighed more than a drill motor and i didn't notice a great deal of difference in the performance to be honest. Although I may crack them out at some point again.

Just another quick off topic, but where can I find somewhere were I can see pictures of the bots you guys have built? Build Diaries is useful and interesting but it's always cool to see static shots of ideas people have thought of and built.

And back on topic:
    What batteries do people tend to use on graupners anyway? I'm assuming two of these:
    http://www.technobotsonline.com/ansm...0mah-nimh.html
    per motor would do, or would I need something with a larger current? Do you generally have spare batteries for after combat if you do manage to get through without wrecking your bot and you have to enter again? Or do you just run the battery dry and then recharge the ones you just used?

http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c367/ ... ps%202010/

Jamie has been good at taking and uploading pics for various events. Check out some of his sub albums for various pics.

for welding screening the focus is not allowing uv light through so as long as whatever you put there stops uv getting through then it should be fine. remember you need decent air circulation though as gasses given off from welding can be toxic. as for robot pictures i tend to just look through photobucket and rr database

It would yes, some of duel speedos have different settings to let you choose what type of steering. The Sabertooth and the Scorpion XL apparently do anyway.

Register To Comment