Register To Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Fantssy bots

...um...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey98
    NAME:SELLAFIELD 2
    You don't have to use all caps...dear gods...compared to what's about to come I fear this is a relatively minor complaint though.

WEIGHT:82 KGS
    Fair enough, most people go up to the full 100kgs but it's your design.

SHAPE:BOX
    Okay, that just about does the job.

PAINT JOB: COMPLETELY STOCK GRAY WITH AN ATOMIC WARNING SYMBOLE ON TOP
    ...stock gray? Atomic warning 'symbole'?

SIZE: 1 1/2 FT LONG 2/3 FT WIDE 1/2 FT TALL
    I was going to mention something about the sudden switch to imperial units, but then I remembered we use miles per hour alongside millimetres quite often so I thought better of it :P

The size though...ersh...it'd have to be made of lead to get close to 82kgs and fit inside those dimensions. Those are coming close to small for a featherweight (45 cm long?) and...er...well...to be honest if this is anything to go by I'd have to question if you've ever seen a heavyweight...needs to be bigger. Think about double those.

WEAPONS: 1 FT LONG 1 IN DIAMETER TUNGSTON STEEL SPIKE DIRECTLEY IN CENTER FRONT
    You have a spike that's two thirds the length of your robot and made of very heavy tungston steel, I'd be worried about overbalancing...and 'DIRECTLEY IN CENTER FRONT' was a phrase that, if I'm being honest, caused me to let out a small involuntary wail.

LOCOMOTION: FOUR WINSHIELD WIPER MOROS FROM A 98 CHEVY MALIBU
    Windscreen wiper motors are very underpowered for heavyweights, but at least you've got a motor that exists! (either Paul or Tim and their idea of 'LEM150s' come to mind) I would seriously put some better motors in there though, at least Bosch 750s or Magmotors of some kind.

MOBILITY:FOUR HAND MADE WOODEN WHEELS RAPED ALONG THE EDGES WITH DUCT TAPE, MEATL CORES
    TAKING UP 2 IN. OF THE 4 IN DIAMETER

there's an awful lot wrong with that phrase, but I'll limit myself to saying that...well...you're raping your wheels?! Not only is that wanton cruelty to the common 'meatl' cored wheel, it's also cruel to robot design and to words...and...well...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

BATTERIES: 4 BATTLEPACS
    After raping your wheels, forgetting voltage, capacity, battery type and the spelling of 'pack' seems like a trifling insecurity...but I must remember that it isn't and you kind of need to include those :P

OVERALL:

I'd like to say that this is a good first effort, but I genuinely can't say that with a clear conscience - sorry if that sounds harsh but this is possibly one of the worst fanfic designs I have ever read, and I'm sure you could do better.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkey98
    NAME:SELLAFIELD 2
    Interesting name. Did you choose it because the robot breaks down and burns on impact?

I can't directly comment on that without sounding insulting so I won't bother.

Please, try harder Sparkey.

Bet I can design a robot with less swearing than those CAD bots
    Whats the easiest available form of CAD (computer aided design)
    archie
    team fire force

Register To Comment