Register To Comment
Page 9 of 37 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Featherweight UK Championships - 3 Days September

James on the vote for who you think will win section you should put another as one of the options... :P

is the draw being done before the event like last year?

I will do the draw approximatly 1 week prior to the event. I am still waiting on confirmation of start and finish times each day so I can finalise the timetable and event format.

can't wait

hopefully lots of 1 on 1 fights

prefer them to 3 way

Just so everyone knows, I'm gonna be running the old drumroll, not sabre in this champs. Still need to come up with a new name but I'm sure I'll come up with something suitably fitting!

Quote Originally Posted by john
    hopefully lots of 1 on 1 fights

prefer them to 3 way
    Lol, I love the three-way fights. A bit more carnage than one-on-ones but easier to keep track of what's happening than meles.
    I also love the 3-fight league format than ran last year and at the Euros. It means even if your robot is pants, you're still guaranteed some decent arena time over the weekend (unless of course it's a combat-capable, hard-shelled reptile from Tokyo that gets smashed beyond repair after the first fight )
    Fingers crossed that format can be fitted into the schedule for this year.

I hope to run the same format as our usual championships.
    We feel that having a mix of 3-way qualifying rounds, 1 on 1 fights most the way to the top, with the occasional 4-6way loser's melee's to get back into the competition give a wide variety of challenges to all the robot's fairly. Also, if they were all 1 on 1's, there would not physically be enough time to get all the fights done. Certainly wouldnt have the time for 3 fights each in the qualifying rounds.

I only don't like them because I will be getting ganged up on

Was a good format what we used last year though

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon_driver
    Just so everyone knows, I'm gonna be running the old drumroll, not sabre in this champs. Still need to come up with a new name but I'm sure I'll come up with something suitably fitting!
    If you want something with the word 'drum' in it, here's a list
    http://www.morewords.com/contains/drum/

Of them all, I thought 'humdrum' sounded quite good but unfortunately it means 'lacking variety or excitement; dull; boring' so maybe not the most inspiring name :P

I was contemplating buying Drumroll and re-naming it Drumbone, after the Blue Man Group's musical peice/instrument of the same name. I don't mind giving that name up if you want to use it.

Register To Comment