Register To Comment
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Oddestsey III

Time for the third installation of the Oddestsey! Now with an actual plot! Also with structure! Questions you may want to ask characters will be answered regularly, but there will be only actual full story updates on fridays. Each week in real life will represent a day in the story.

All of the game will be set in the city of Melded, but more detail on that later.

Steve, Martijn and Joey have booked places, I now need two more people to enter and hopefully I can begin next friday!

Character creation is as follows:
    Your character can be any species imaginable, fantasy, sci-fi, whatever. You can have powers - supernatural, weapons, spells, whatever.

Entry form:

Character Name:
    Character Species: (Can be anything - human, animal, robot, alien, mutant, monster - just so long as it can move and communicate)
    Physical Description: Describe your appearance enough that you can. At the least - gender, skin and hair colour, distinguishing features.
    Equiptment: Clothes, weapons and other stuff they might be carrying on them. Again, can be sci-fi, fantasy, realistic or whatever. Ten items cap.
    Abilities Slightly more complicated. If you have any powers or abilities they go here, try to keep a sensible limit, and no 'absolute powers' unless they have a downside. Also try to keep any powers along a vague single theme unless you've got a good story as to otherwise. Bear in mind, this wont be just fighting, so some practical utility powers might help.

Also, you may pick 3 skills, whatever you like - martial arts, hacking, lockpicking, stealth, alchemy, robot building, magic knowledge or whatever. These are just to give your characters some unique ways of dealign with the situation!

Now, lets see some entries and we can begin next friday!

Reserve!!!

Might I reserve too?

That's fine!

Now we just need entries from everyone and I can begin next week.

I can answer any general question about the game, but nothing too specific as I don't want to ruin the surprises!

Just a quick note - if you choose to be a magic spellcasting character, you are limited to eight spells to begin. There *might* be the oppertunity to learn a few more later, but don't count on it. So pick wisely. The in game reason is that it takes a lot of study to perfect a spell. The out of game reason is to prevent anyone becoming an overpowered swiss-army knife character.

The principle kind of applies to any kind of powers/special weapons etc, so keep a realistic number, or stick to a common theme. If you are going over I'll tell you anyway, so don't worry too much about it.

Reserve me a spot please.

Ill get my stats up tomorrow. :P

Character Name: Alex Rowen
    Character Species: human, but has the ability to morph into a robot
    Physical Description: 6ft 2, blond hair, blue eyes, muscular
    Equiptment: sun glasses (they have 3 settings, heat seeking, night vision and normal), a radio, a compass, a first aid kit (for living creatures and robots) and a torch
    cloths: red and wight checkered t-shirt, blue jeans and red and wight all stars
    Abilities: can morph into a robot, the robot looks like a humanoid, and has a varius weapons mounted in its arms, (1: a cannon, 2: a machine gun, 3: a plazma gun, 4: a machette)

jack orr

Thanks for your entires Lian and Jack, but I'm afraid that all the spots are already filled. I don't want to really have more than five players as it gets unwieldy to get people agreeing on anything.

If there are spots left on the Friday after this one coming, you can have them as by that point people will have had plenty of time to enter, but otherwise, sorry I'm afraid you'll have to wait until next time.

Also, if you do want to prepare some stats just in case, make sure you don't miss the Skills section - it'll really make a difference to what your character can do.

ah ok, no probs

Character Name: Patricia Smith
    Character Species: Coelophysis bauri - a species of Triassic carnivorous therapod about 200 million years old, looks and is about 14-15 though. Is cold blooded with all that that entails.
    Physical Description: About one metre high and two and a half long, mottled light green/yellow/black dinosaur coloured...well...dinosaur. Female, although you wouldn't be able to tell without some zoological and paleontological knowledge, and about three quarters of the way to full maturity.
    Equipment: Always wears a black fleece jacket and in cold weather various socks/fabric tubes over her neck and legs for extra warmth. Her rucksack contains a wallet with various cards and about £15/equivalent in loose change, a towel, a rope, a couple of good novels, an emergency chemically exothermic hot water bottle and half a large packet of Revels.
    Abilities: A good melee fighter if needs be, posesses quick reflexes, predator eyesight and good technique with sharp claws and talons. No real abilities other than that but she is reasonably intelligent for a dinosaur and has a tough hide somewhat more resistant than human skin, though far from impenetrable. Has a somewhat heightened sense of smell compared to humans.

Biography: Patricia's story began when a slightly eccentric divorcee, Colin Occupantsofinterplanetarycraft, found an almost perfectly preserved egg walking along the Pembrokeshire coast one early morning, and was surprised when two days later he was woken in the middle of the night by it hatching to reveal a juvenile dinosaur. Rather than report this to the police - presumably Dyfed-Powys Police's Anachronistic Beings department - he decided to attempt to raise the chick by himself, and was surprised when it began to exhibit sentience and an awareness of its surroundings. She took her first name from a TV movie and her last name from her father (thankfully for all concerned, his middle name), who taught her to speak using ventriloquism and pulled some strings to get her a place at a primary school in Haverfordwest, where she recalled semi-fondly being treated about halfway between a strange scaly student and a class pet. On leaving she started semi-obsessively reading everything in the local library relating to dinosaurs and biology in general in an attempt to find out more about herself and how she could have come to exist 200 million years in the relative future, and why on earth she was as human as she'd turned out - this didn't work too well but she did integrate loosely into human society and passed two A levels (with the aid of a scribe) with the knowledge she gained. She was still trying to find her purpose and reason for being when her adoptive father died from stomach cancer, which prompted her to move from Haverfordwest to seek the aid of science and outside scientific expertise to find the answers she was seeking, and was travelling to the Natural History Museum in London when she fell asleep on the cold train and was only woken up when the train had inexplicably pulled into Melded Central station with no discernible way back.

Skills: Gymnastics, rock climbing, particular adeptness at melee fighting (largely as a result of the aforementioned gymnastics)

People of Oddestsey III, Have I Got A Character For You

----

Character Name: Blotter
    Character Species: Marowak ( http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/ ... 3%A9mon%29 )
    Physical Description: For a basic description see the link in the species section; male, has a triskelion emblazoned on his 'forehead', hidden a bit by the hat. Is about 1.5x the size of his species if you go only by height.
    Equipment: Black fedora hat with white stripe in the middle, with an equally black Chesterfield overcoat and also equally black Oxford broque shoes. (I can send some wikipedia links if required :P) Wields a Thick Club (which doubles his Attack power) that has been modified into a sort of cane, rather shaped like the upper part of a modern question mark. ( a ? with the lower end of the upper part extended to the period underneath). Has a few Rare Bones used for decoys; they are incredibly valuable and can be sold at shops for high prices, but they are of little worth to him save being decoys.
    Abilities: For a Marowak, and for his size of that species, he is very quick on his feet. He also has exceptional stamina and great endurance. His actual Ability is Rock Head, which prevents any recoil damage whatsoever. His 4-move moveset consists of:

- Bonemerang (hurls his cane like a boomerang, doing great damage to any target)
    - Earthquake (does what it says on the tin, able to manipulate the very earth into striking its enemies; drawback is that any allies in the vicinity get hurt unless they are airborne; this doesn't affect airborne targets)
    - Ancientpower (summons enemy-seeking boulders; each enemy that gets hit heightens his power levels for the time being; once danger is gone, he'll revert to normal levels of power)
    - Sandstorm (again self-explanatory; summons a monstrous sandstorm that pelts anything in the vicinity, even allies; he isn't affected at all, being Ground-type, and nor will Sandstorm effect allies/enemies with a tough-hide or being of Ground/Rock/Steel origin).

Statistics:

Level 75
    HP: 245
    Attack: 150
    Defense: 253
    Sp. Atk: 124
    Sp. Def: 198
    Speed: 156

BIO: Once owned by a Trainer known as Kipling, Blotter now resides as an alley-type wanderer. Long story short, Kipling was murdered in his bed and all his friends were taken with him by the murderer. Suffice to say, Blotter wasn't too happy about that and after being released (being the first) from his Ball and learning about this, Blotter proceeded to bludgeon the murderer's eyes with his club, effectively avenging his former master. However, callously deciding that Kipling deserved what he got if someone this pathetic could murder him, Blotter freed Kipling's other Pokemon and raided the murderer's house, finding plenty of Rare Bones and a curiously-shaped Thick Club. He claimed them all...and upon closer inspection of the house, he found that the murderer was a Cubone and Marowak hunter. This shock numbed Blotter to the point where, in a frenzied rage, he burned the house down with the body of the hunter still inside, and watched it burn. Feeling a sickening wave of remorse for the earlier thoughts of his former master, Kipling, he vowed to protect the innocent, even to the point of death, be it his own or his victims. Styling himself accordingly, he took to the streets as a renegade Marowak, and sought out villainy. His way. His rules.

EDIT: Skills, huh? Stealth, I guess. Writing very speedily and adaptability would be the others.

----

Hope that's okay. XD

Register To Comment