Register To Comment
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: elobire's build thread

to weld ti and ali well you really need to know your stuff

steel is fine and a good point to learn from

MIG welding is the simplest form of welding and a good one to start out on. Best advice i can give is to first relax, find the correct distance from the material and then move the torch in a slow steady manner along the weld path keeping it that same distance from the material

Get Calum to help you out with welding, Im sure hes got a few spare pigeons.

Seriously tho Mig is nice and easy, Its harder to get a good weld with gasless mig than using mig with argon/co2 but should still be good enough for what you need. It can be tricky at first getting the right power and wire feed speed combination.
    Make sure you have enough power to penetrate (thats what she said) then just play with the wire feed.
    It would probably be easier sombody showing you if theres anyone you know close by that can weld.

yh i can sell u some pigeons no problem just pm me :P

You will need some form of interface to allow the receiver to control it. Either a speed controller however I'd be more inclined to use a big relay activated by a remote controlled relay (dimension engineering battleswitch or similar controlling an automotive relay or bigger).

Others have wired up relay based axe systems in the past so they will be able to advise you on a suitable diagram (can't think of it off the top of my head atm)

Quote Originally Posted by elobire
    whats a pidgeon?
    lol, a pidgeon is a bird

*what it actualy means in robot terms is a weld that looks slightly ugly/messy, but tbh as long as it holds the metal together its all good *

Register To Comment