Register To Comment
Page 85 of 91 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: RogueTwo Robots

Quote Originally Posted by Eventorizon View Post
    Looks great but its not as smooth as past years.
    Oh I dunno, it sounded pretty rough last year :P

There are a few things contributing to the roughness. The belt's still quite tight, the front of the brushless motor is slightly distorted so I don't think it's sitting flush in the mount, therefore the belt's not on the pulley completely square, there was some lateral movement in the drum, the bearings had a little crud still in them and the divider plate between the drum and the innards sits loose so the vibration from the weapon causes it to rattle. I'll be sorting as many of those issues as I can before the champs but as long as it spins and spins reliably, I'm not overly worried about noise. The rougher it is, the louder and more intimidating it sounds

Onyx is doubtful at the moment Adam. Reaver currently possesses its front scoop, battery packs, weapon controller and ESCs and it has no drive motors. However, I've got five full days before we leave to build stuff and while most of the attention will be given to Drumroll and Reaver, I'm half tempted to bodge Onyx back together, as it is ridiculously fun to play with. Plus we need the axe-off.

And that still makes me chuckle too. The audience reaction is just as much fun to watch, especially from some of the other camera angles

Definitely need an axe off, saying that now I've just had to make my lid out of 5mm hdpe

Wait, what? You mean its not going to be you against Jamie in the final match?

@ Jamie: what sort of bearings are in the drum? They look like giant needle rollers in the photo.

Those are huge needle roller bearings.
    At a guess, 25mm axle, 25*30*20 inner race, 30*40*20 needle roller in drawn closed cup.

I guess 20 because my bearings are 20ID... you were meant to use angular thrust bearings though jamie! #cheapimitation

Thrust bearings either side of the drum?

Quote Originally Posted by suvv View Post
    and suddenly his rebuild makes more sence.....
    Yeah, because it didn't make sense beforehand :P

I am sad I don't get to fight Rumdroll again : '<
    Let's be honest, we've been drawn against each other for the past two years and both have been over very quickly without either of us really attacking the other :P
    But if we're both still intact and running at the end of the event, let's get a fight on the go.

@ Jamie: what sort of bearings are in the drum?
    These ones: http://simplybearings.co.uk/shop/Bea...duct_info.html

I didn't want to go for plain needle rollers again, despite the fact they've served me well for over six years. I was going to go for ball bearings, but for a 20mm ID the OD was going to be too large to fit in the end of the drum tube/endcap. So I went for the above option as a sort of middle ground. And yeah, there are thrust bearings either side of the drum.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouldy View Post
    I guess 20 because my bearings are 20ID... you were meant to use angular thrust bearings though jamie! #cheapimitation
    Tried those.. they exploded :-P I am sure Jamie doesn't want to explode as well, that's bad!

Register To Comment