Register To Comment
Page 33 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: RogueTwo Robots

Quote Originally Posted by joeychevron
    Pussycat?
    :wink:

That's weird. You being the original builder of Boner, that's not the feline name I expected...
    *Drum beat*

Have you given up on the Cassius machine or is paws one of a fab four?
    *Drum beat*

Yeah, I'm not funny, I know.

I did contemplate calling it what can only be described as a five-letter abbreviation of Pussycat, but

a) I thought I'd be better off keeping it clean
    b) I didn't want to suffer the wrath of the forum profanity checker every time I referred to my robot

Although I did contemplate sticking some neodymiums in it and calling it p***y-magnet but again that'd be verging on pretty risque, not to mention the fact that robots don't really achieve success in that department

I think I have the name of my next machine pu$$y magnet

Quote Originally Posted by typhoon_driver
    I think I have the name of my next machine pu$$y magnet
    You should try making that flywheel axe machine in the shape of Kat 3. Imagine the chopper puns you could get in!

No Cassius replica then?

Glad to see those MFA motors put out some power, I was somewhat skeptical.

I've gone with the 30:1 gearboxes, but my wheels are about twice as big as yours.

Did you buy those hex bushes to mount the banebot wheels? Any good? is that why the wheel fell off?......

The Cassius replica may still happen (got the weapon servo and some wheels for it) but I'm holding off on it until Paws is done as it's a more exciting thing to build

The MFA motors do seem to have a decent power output, maybe not fantastic still, but certainly enough to push other beetleweights around without problems.
    And I did buy the hex hubs for the Banebots wheels. The wheel came off because the little grub screw holding the hub on to the motor output shaft came loose. It should stay in place when I use some Loctite on the thread, but thinking about it, if a spinner gets a hit on one of those wheels, they'll probably come off. They don't have the same holding power as, say, a drill motor shaft and a blue wheel since you don't have the thread locking the two parts together - you just have a grub screw tightened down against a flat shaft. Not so much of an issue if your wheels are internally mounted, but it could become an interesting challenge trying to guess how many wheels I'll lose during an event

But all that aside, the hex hubs are pretty good and means it takes seconds for you to mount your wheels.

atleast you don't have the servo horn cracking into 10+ peices as is what happends on kookaburra

My Beetle has exposed wheels too, which was a design I always wanted to try and avoid. They make you very vulnerable.

Just practice your driving so that you're good enough to keep the business end of your robot pointed towards your opponent and keep the wheels out of line of direct attack. Easier said than done though!

Register To Comment