Register To Comment
Page 31 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: RogueTwo Robots

I'm hoping the turbine plates will get a better testing at this event than the champs, see if they're worthy of a place in robotics .

Daiske II is looking like it will have a flail of sorts too, more sort of rotating hammers/self righting bolts/shafts-for-the-wheels-are-too-short-and-need-bolts-to-hold-them-in on the side, but at the speed it moves at they should pack a fair punch. If Carcinus can get past LF then is it not the only FW with a weapon? Might have a chance of a victory in a battle or two :wink:

Oh yeah it'll win. It'll win the let's-see-who-can-drive-in-the-pit-the-quickest-after-activate-has-been-called side event

Quote Originally Posted by k_c_r
    Oh yeah it'll win. It'll win the let's-see-who-can-drive-in-the-pit-the-quickest-after-activate-has-been-called side event
    Those exist?! Oh, cool, I may have a chance at winning something if I ever build a darn bot! This is brilliant news.

I can just picture the let's-see-who-can-drive-in-the-pit-the-quickest-after-activate-has-been-called trophy on my shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentless
    Quote Originally Posted by k_c_r
    I can just picture the let's-see-who-can-drive-in-the-pit-the-quickest-after-activate-has-been-called trophy on my shelf.
    We'll see about that!

Update

Well that's pretty much everything done for Edinburgh on Sunday. Just finished wiring up Carcinus fifteen minutes ago (took twice as long as expected) and it's currently getting a trickle charge. Claws are just fixed in place as I left all the grinding and welding that needed done for today, but typically today it poured non-stop which wasn't ideal for using power tools unprotected in the garden. So the linkage mechanism will have to wait for another day.

Drumroll's armour also fell victim to the weather so I couldn't get that repaired. It'll just be running semi-naked as a result. It seems to be driving well though, excellent grip from the Banebots wheels, although they won't last long. Had a drill motor crap out on me during testing but thankfully after a bit of fiddling and several choice swear words, it was good to go again.

Bit of a short random update I know, I should probably go to bed. Leaving tomorrow to help with arena set-up etc so those of you who are going, I'll see you there

Update

Well Edinburgh has been and gone and the robots did alright. There were only three feather fights on the day; Drumroll won one, lost one side of drive in another and got beat up by BattleAxe in the third. Carcinus had to be pulled from the first fight (tx/rx problems) but I think it did fairly well in its other battles, coming second in one and managing to avoid the pit all weekend!

Haven't yet taken Drumroll apart to assess the damage, but I reckon it's just a bent baseplate. Carcinus was down to one wheel in its final fight so I'll also need to have a look at that but as far as I'm aware, it's got no other problems.

Picked up some low pressure pneumatic bits at the weekend too, so I'm now taking my first steps to joining that unruly flipper brigade!
    They came along with a robot chassis too but I don't like the size and design of it so I'm going to build a chassis from scratch. It's going to be a replica of a Robot Wars machine but I'm not saying which one yet, you'll just have to guess :wink:

A couple of basic pics:

[attachment=1:5s1xp75e]DSCN6183.JPG[/attachment:5s1xp75e]

[attachment=0:5s1xp75e]DSCN6184.JPG[/attachment:5s1xp75e]

One of the CO2 bottles is representing a buffer tank, and the ram will probably be swapped out for a larger one. I think its currently 25mm bore x 50mm stroke and weighs 1.75kg. I saw an aluminium one on eBay (63mm x 160mm) that I thought would be lighter since it wasn't steel but it is 2.43kg apparently, so I might look at a smaller 50mm x 100mm ram as it should be a wee bit lighter. The design is fairly flexible with regard to ram dimensions so that's not something I have to worry about.

It'll probably be on the back-burner for a few weeks while I acquire parts for it and sort the design. In the meantime work is going to start on an antweight for the AWS in July; decided to make a miniature version of Eric, probably called EricA
    Also planning to make some headway on the beetle this weekend; I've got enough parts to throw together a rolling chassis so aiming to get that running by Sunday.
    Attached Images Attached Images

is Erica going to urinate all over the floor the same way Eric does?

Well, I want it to be as realistic as possible

Once I work out what that part is actually called I think if I fix it that is a better option than you building in flaws to your new machine

looking good so far i'm going to guess mini chaos 2 judging by current shape. i've got a 50mm bore, 100mm stroke norgren ram i could sell you, with rear and front pivot attachments. if you're interested i'll weigh it for you

a better option than you building in flaws to your new machine
    But building flaws into my machines is somewhat of a speciality

Cheers Jonny, I'm not going to confirm or deny any guesses though
    I'm waiting to hear back on a couple of options cylinder-wise but if you could weigh it and let me know (possibly overall dimensions too?) that'd be fab thanks

Register To Comment